Chapter 505 - It works! (2)

"That is not allowed."

Cale turned his head.
He could see Choi Han's stiff expression. He looked toward Cale and started to sternly speak.

"I don't know what thoughts you are having right now, but no matter what they are, they are not allowed."
"Hmm?"
"Please let me tell you a fact."

Clang.

Choi Han slightly pulled his sword out of the scabbard.

"You will die if you are stabbed in the heart. Blood is not allowed."

Choi Han's vicious glare made Cale's already wildly beating heart beat even faster.

Forget being his senior or whatever, that gaze was really scary no matter what.
Extremely scary.
That was why he subconsciously responded like this.

"Are you crazy? I'm someone who dreams about living a long life as a wealthy slacker!"

'Ah.'

He really ended up sharing his honest sentiments.

"......"

However, Choi Han just quietly observed him without saying anything.

'...Why does it look like you are looking at me with pity?'

Cale looked away as he could not meet Choi Han's gaze any longer. Pendrick started to speak at that moment.

"Anyway, I delivered the World Tree-nim's message."

Cale looked at Pendrick and thought about the World Tree.

'Does she know about the Vitality of the Heart that I have?'

He felt iffy after thinking that the World Tree might know about all of his ancient powers.

'...I thought she said my future was not visible.'

Did she lie when she said that it was difficult to see the futures of people with ancient powers?

'I don't think that it is that.'

Cale had a lot to think about.
The problem was that this was not the time to thoroughly think things through.

"Grooooooooa-"

There was a shaman on the ground twitching and groaning in pain.

Baaaaaang!
Boom.
Boobooboooooooooom-!

He also heard things breaking in all directions.

'Aren't they all just destroying things without thinking about what to do after that?'

Everybody seemed to be using all their powers as if there was no tomorrow. He needed to stop that.
They needed to conserve some strength to escape from the palace and reunite with Bud's side.

– ...Excuse me.

The fake World Tree cautiously started to speak at that moment. They could chat because there were branches still holding Cale up.
Cale looked toward the World Tree.

"Cale-nim."

However, Choi Han called out to him, making him motion for Choi Han to hold on for a moment. However, he turned toward Choi Han after hearing what he said next.

"This fake tree is being controlled by Elisneh. It is resisting it right now, but it can only maintain that for about 20 more minutes."
"...20 minutes?"
"Yes. That is why we planned to destroy the maze during that time, injure the enemies as much as possible, and leave with you, Cale-nim."

Cale started to frown.
It was only 30 minutes if he added the time he had been unconscious. It was a short amount of time.

"Were you all attacking at full strength because you didn't have much time?"
"That is correct. I thought that escaping was the most important thing right now. I also thought that it would be difficult for Elisneh to cast an illusion properly if we were running wild like this."