Chapter 512 - Delicious (4)

"...This punk."

Bud felt as if he had lost all strength once he saw Cale's face.
All sorts of emotions roared inside him and the invisible baggage that had been weighing down on his shoulders seemed to disappear.
That was why he realized it.

'...That baggage must have gone to Cale Henituse.'

He knew that the lighter his shoulders got, the heavier Cale's shoulders would become.
Bud subconsciously started to speak after realizing that fact.

"You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't have come......."
"What kind of nonsense is that? You told me to come. That was why I came quickly."

Bud smiled as Cale grumbled at his comment. However, he quickly started to frown.

'...He doesn't look good.'

He didn't know what had happened in the Molden Kingdom, but Cale did not look good.
The usually pale punk was even paler than usual and he seemed to have bled because there was dry blood around his mouth.

As for his clothes...
He looked as if he had been rolling around a mountain on his own as his hair and clothes had leaves and grass in it.

Peek.

Bud's gaze headed toward Choi Han.

'Choi Han looks fine.'

Choi Han was clean.
Anybody looking at the two of them would think that Choi Han had taken a walk while Cale had barely managed to make it out of an emergency evacuation.
However, the two of them must have moved together.
Bud's heart was pained even more as he realized that fact.

'...He really must be lacking in stamina.'

He could not compare the clean Choi Han to Cale whose physique was the only thing that seemed fine.
Bud was thinking deeply in this short amount of time.

'Why is he like this?'

On the other hand, Cale looked toward Bud with a confused expression before looking around.
His expression remained the same, but his gaze was slowly getting sharper.

'...Nobody looks okay.'

Cale felt pained as he observed the state of his allies. Bud noticed Cale was looking at the allies behind him and quickly started to speak.

"We're fine, you punk."
"Aren't you a bit too relaxed?"

Bud and the enemy.
Both of them had spoken at the same time while looking at Cale's expression.
Cale who had turned back toward Bud started to speak.

"Fine my ass."

Who would believe it when Bud was saying that while looking like shit?
Cale's insides were twisting and there was nothing he liked about the current situation.

His gaze headed toward the center of the allied formation behind the shields.
He couldn't see inside, but Cale had seen Glenn Poeff and the other injured members moving to the center while he was hiding behind the tree.
All of that had been clearly recorded by his eyes.
It had happened on its own.

"Hey."

Bud wet his lips with his tongue before whispering nervously to Cale who leisurely walked to the center of the open area.

"They're really strong."

'Cale, you don't know how strong they are.'

Bud opened his mouth to tell Cale about them.

"So what?"

However, Cale responded brusquely first.
Bud was about to respond but could not do so because Choi Han shoved something toward him.