Chapter 557 - Pretty Useless Bastard (3)

He needed to first figure out today's date.

'I also need to check who is here.'

He needed to figure out the people who would fight based on the present and his information of the future.

And most importantly.

'I need to change myself first.'

He needed to get his abilities awakened.

However, an ability awakening was something nobody could predict.

Cale's abilities were only awakened after he started working for his company.

That was why, realistically speaking, it would be close to impossible for Cale to awaken his future abilities as he pleased.

'...But I've experienced the sensation that comes with abilities being awakened.'

It felt as if he was seeing a new world.

If he thinks about that sensation and does similar things as to when his abilities actually awakened, couldn't he potentially get them awakened sooner?

'...It's fine if my abilities don't awaken while I'm at the central shelter, but it would be great to have them when I go up against the unranked monster.'

Cale's expression stiffened and Grandma Kim tightly grabbed Cale's hand that was over his stomach.

Shaaaaaaaaaaa-

Cale then saw a yellow light surround his stomach.

He subconsciously started to speak with urgency.

"Grandma, I'm okay!"
"You're not okay."

Cale could feel the pain in his stomach disappear.

Any bruises or injuries on his stomach probably healed right away.

This was grandma's healing ability.

"...How can you use your power for such a useless thing?"

Grandma Kim's abilities could only heal external injuries and had limited uses per week.

She could use it as many times as she wanted for small injuries such as bruises, but she had a strict limit for injuries such as bone fractures or significant blood loss.

The amount of healing power necessary was different based on the type of injury.

That was why Park Jin Tae wanted Grandma Kim to use her powers for healing his precious attack team members who could fight against monsters.

Grandma Kim smiled gently after hearing Cale's comment.

"This is not useless, it is important."

The grandma got up and motioned for Cale to get up as well.

"Hey, Rok Soo. Let's go inside."

Cale slowly raised his body after seeing that warm smile.

He didn't have any pain anymore.

"Hey, you stupid idiot!"
"Hyung!"

Cale turned toward the voice calling out to him.

He could see people rushing out of the shelter.

Two students, one who seemed to be in college and the other in high school, rushed over and started to support Cale.

"Hey, are you okay?"
"Hyung, are you okay?"
"Ah."

These people were here as well.

Lee Jin Joo. Lee Seung Won.

These two were siblings and ability users.