Chapter 407 - Only Me (4)

Becrock looked at the falling rocks and the red arrow with a precipitous expression.

"...Shit! Tower Master-nim!"

Some of the mages making the grey circle shouted toward Becrock as they watched the red arrow.

'Damn it!'

The mages' pupils were shaking.
It could not be helped.

The arrow created by red mana that had gobbled up a large number of highest-grade magic stones was extremely strong.
The mages started to become frantic and not know what to do. This was the same for the black mages as well.
It was at that moment.

"Snap out of it!"

Becrock's shout cut through the noise of the mana and reached his subordinates' ears.

"Southern Tower Master!"
"Yes sir!"

Becrock quickly moved his one hand to create a magic circle.
The Southern Tower Master started to create a black magic circle as well to merge together.

"Becrock-nim!"

The Southern Tower Master's eyes headed toward the large red arrow quickly flying toward them.

"Do it faster."

He could hear Becrock's stoic voice.
The Southern Tower Master moved his eyes.
He could see that the precipitous expression on Becrock's face had been replaced with a cold and calm expression.
He could also see Becrock's casting that had become even faster.

'...He's faster than me even with only one hand!'

The best way to mix magic and black magic was to cast magic with one hand, black magic with the other, and have the two mix together.

The Southern Tower Master drew out all of the dead mana in his body and increased his casting speed to try to match Becrock's formidable speed.
He then started to think as he did that.

'No wonder he is the one that the liege treats as the most important!'

The Bear tribe had told the Southern Tower Master about how the White Star had rescued Becrock as they escaped from the Castle of Light.
He had been so shocked to hear that.

'...He had even thrown away the Alchemists' Bell Tower's Tower Master.'

The White Star had not cared whether the Bell Tower's Tower Master had died or not.
Of course, the Southern Tower Master knew the White Star was like this and still chose to follow him for almost eighty years.

Why?

A person with infinite life was the most honorable overlord.
Furthermore, black mages had no choice but to be subservient to the sky attribute ancient power user. It was the only way for black magic to come out of hiding and dominate the world.

'Their skill levels are quite different.'

He understood why the White Star would care for Becrock.

Becrock was now twenty-four.
He was only twenty-four, but his magic talents were beyond human levels.
The Southern Tower Master looked forward and started to speak.

"It's coming."

The large arrow was right in front of that.

"It's fine."

The Southern Tower Master finished casting the spell the moment he heard Becrock's words and looked toward him.
The last bit was Becrock's responsibility.

Crack. Crack. Crack!

Black magic and magic mixed together to create a large shield.
Becrock looked at the tip of the red arrow on the other side of the grey shield and started to mumble.