Chapter 534 - If you really want to (1)

Duke Fredo's grand residence.
All Vampires related to that residence were currently in the first-floor hall chatting with each other.

"What's going on?"
"Who knows? We're all here because they told us to all gather."

All of them looked nervous.
The ones in charge of cooking, cleaning, and even the guards. Beyond them, the vassals who were responsible for handling everything big and small that happens in the Ejellan Duchy.

"...But the warrior-nims aren't here?"
"You're right. I think everybody except them is here."

The large hall almost seemed small as everybody except the warriors was gathered here.
Actually, it was a bit small.

Some of them had opened the doors to the room connected to the hall and were inside there as they looked around.

"The Butler-nim isn't here either."
"I'm sure that the Butler-nim went to escort young master Naru-nim!"

Young master Naru-nim.

The Vampires around him stopped talking for a moment after hearing that.

The reason they all looked nervous...
The reason for that came out of one of the Vampires' mouths.

"...Do you think that they have to tell us something related to the Duke-nim?"

That voice sounded full of concern.
He looked toward his close friend who was not saying anything and started to whisper.

"You saw the healers urgently rushing in just now. Something, what if something-"
"Hey, shut up!"

He finally looked around after hearing his close friend shout.
He looked into the eyes of the others who looked as nervous as he looked and shut up.

The White Star and the other nobles had visited after young master Naru-nim returned yesterday.

Things had been peaceful since then.
They were all relieved that at least young master Naru-nim was here while the Duke-nim was unconscious.
That was why they had started the day a bit more relaxed than yesterday.

'Yes, we were a bit relieved.'

The Vampire who had shut up after his friend scolded him clenched his eyes shut.

They had just seen healers rushing to Duke Fredo-nim's bedroom led by the butler.
He had not seen young master Naru-nim all day and Solena-nim was not visible either.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

Was something going to happen?
That uncertainty was slowly creeping up in the minds of all of the Vampires inside this grand residence.

The Ejellan Duchy, no, Duke Fredo, was an extremely precious liege for them.

It was at that moment.

The staircase heading down to the first-floor hall.
Naru Von Ejellan appeared at that spot.
Behind him were Solena and Butler Melundo as they slowly walked down the stairs.

The three Vampires walking down the stairs looked more serious than ever.

The Vampires in the hall stood up straight and stopped talking.

'This is the first time.'
'I've never seen the young master-nim looking so serious......!'

Naru Von Ejellan always had a gentle smile on his face.
His face was stiff, unlike usual.

Boom. Boom.

The Vampires' hearts started to thump a bit louder.

Tap!