Chapter 556 - Pretty Useless Bastard (2)

But he didn't have time to sit around with a burning gaze.

Cale immediately raised his body.

"Ugh."

He couldn't help but groan because of the pain he felt throughout his body.

One of the people looking down at him started to smile.

"Hey. Why did you have to run your mouth instead of doing what we told you to do?"

Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo ignored that comment that was directed at him.

'I don't have time for this.'

He put some strength into his shaking legs in order to stand up little by little.

This was when Kim Rok Soo's body was weaker than ever.

Maybe that was the reason, but this weak ass body of his was this helpless after only being kicked once by an ability user.

"Ugh!"

As he heard someone sneer...

"Ugh!"

Cale fell on the ground again after someone kicked his calf.

He was flat on the ground looking up at the sky again.

"Hey."

Someone crouched down beside him and made eye contact.

"Why do you think you're being beaten up like this?"

Cale recalled the name of the man looking at him from deep inside his memories.

'Was his name Park Jin Tae?'

This bastard was the leader of this shelter.

Shelter.

A shelter was a place in the early days of the cataclysm where monsters never approached, a safe place in this hell where monsters could appear at any moment.

People considered the shelters a gift from 'some being' to allow them the chance to fight against the monsters, similar to how that being had given some people abilities.

'And Park Jin Tae is the ruler of this shelter I'm in right now.'

This bastard was a tyrant who did everything as he pleased.

He clearly treated the ability users and regular people differently, treating the ability users much better.

Furthermore, he would approve of you even if you were not an ability user, as long as you were useful.

That was why people who were on Park Jin Tae's good side got to rest peacefully inside this shelter.

Kim Rok Soo's early twenties started at the lowest spot in Park Jin Tae's shelter.

He was hated by Park Jin Tae.

"Kim Rok Soo, are you not going to answer me?"

Although Park Jin Tae was smiling gently and speaking in a warm voice, he was coldly staring down at Cale.

Cale looked into those eyes and started to think.

'What is going on right now? Is it an illusion? Was it one of those dreams he's had until now whenever he fainted?'

That didn't seem to be the case, as he could move as he wanted.

He then thought about those blood-colored eyes that called itself solitude and despair and had sent him here.

'I will make you want me.'

That was what the bastard had said.

'Call me when you need me. Only I can destroy your despair for you.'