Chapter 510 - Delicious (2)

"Choi Han."
"Yes, Cale-nim."

Cale had suddenly turned right while going up to the top of the mountain.
Choi Han who was following behind him opened his eye wide after hearing what Cale had to say.

"Apparently, there is someone off on their own."
"...Are they one of the enemies?"
"I don't know, however..."

Cale stopped talking for a moment before wading past the bushes and starting to speak again.

"However, I believe it might be a survivor from the Ranger Brigade."

It could be a hiding enemy or an ally who was injured and left behind.

'Bud isn't the type to leave an injured ally behind like this. Neither are the Elves.'

That was why Cale started to walk faster.

'Mm.'

Cale could feel a bit of a burden on his body.
His body's condition was bound to be bad after using the stone imugi and the Fire of Destruction at the same time.
Of course, Cale thought that he would be able to last a while because of his Vitality of the Heart.
However, the ancient powers seemed to think differently.

– You haven't rested properly for a while. Remember that.

He heard the thief of the Sound of the Wind's husky voice.

– You might not be able to use any of your powers in the upcoming battle if you use any more strength right now.

Cale agreed with that assessment. That was why he was maintaining his speed instead of going faster.

'The thief is right. There will be a time when I need my strength. I need to save some strength for that time.'

There were going to be a total of four battles if a battle broke out with the White Star's subordinates who had infiltrated the Roan Kingdom.
Cale may need to use a lot of his strength during at least one of those battles.
That was why he needed to use his head and come up with a plan based on his powers.

"Cale-nim. If it continues in this direction, I will lead the way and create a path for you."
"Okay."

That was why Cale let Choi Han take the lead.

Clang-!

Choi Han stepped forward and took out his sword.
There were bushes that came up to their waist now.

Chhhhhhh-

Choi Han's sword ruthlessly cut through the bushes as they quickly moved.
Cale's eyes soon sparkled.

Shaaaaaaaaaaa-

A cold breeze blew directly into Cale and Choi Han's faces.

"Choi Han, stop!"

Choi Han immediately stopped as if he seemed to have realized something as well and turned around to look at Cale.
Both of their expressions stiffened.

"Cale-nim. It seems to be a cliff."
"Yes."

The bushes had suddenly decreased in number and they could see the sky outside the forest.
That meant that it was a cliff once they got past this forest.
The top's whip in Cale's hand vibrated.

'It's the cliff in front of you! The cliff!'
'Chaos, destruction, what a predicament! But I can still hear the groan! The breathing is still weak!'

Cale slowly took steps forward.

"He's here."
"...You mean the survivor?"
"Yes."

Members of the Ranger Brigade were likely to know many ways to avoid the enemies and stay alive, and the chances of those methods not being typical were high.