Chapter 473 - You made a mistake (5)

However, Eruhaben didn't stop there.

"Dead blood will not work. It needs to be the blood of the living. Only that is the opposite of death."

Valentino felt his heart beating wildly.
He felt as if he had heard a secret he shouldn't have heard.
He felt as if something was stabbing at his heart.

"What is the symbol of human life force? That is the blood pumping out of the beating heart."

'Ah!'

"It also cannot be a small amount of blood. It needs to be a significant amount of blood. That is why it is mentioned that a person would first die from blood loss when fighting with such a method."

That 'conscience' inside Valentino was stabbing at him.

"Anyway, the most effective way for a human to fend off dead mana is to stab his own heart with a knife or fight with injuries all over their bodies."

Valentino started to frown as he looked toward Eruhaben who was saying this without any emotion.

"...No...that......"

He couldn't say anything. His mind was a mess of words but he could not say anything.
Valentino noticed the faintly appearing smile on the mage's face. It was a sad smile.

"Isn't it such a sad method?"

Sad.

Hearing that word made Valentino think about Cale Henituse's face.

Finally...
He finally understood the weight of fighting inside the dead mana smoke.

He had no way of knowing whether Commander Cale would fight while being covered in blood or use a different method. However, dead mana was extremely dangerous and poisonous to people and he could feel that fighting an enemy in such conditions was terrible.

Valentino who was holding onto the railing let go. His hand was shaking.

Step.

Valentino took a step away from the railing.

'He's stepping back.'

Eruhaben looked at him with a stoic expression.

Valentino had subconsciously stepped back after hearing Eruhaben's story even though he was full of admiration for Cale. It was an instinctual fear.
However, he needed to feel the scolding of his conscience the moment he realized what he had done.

Eruhaben looked around.
The nearby soldiers and the nobles who had been eavesdropping on their conversation... He saw all of them taking a step back.
Eruhaben looked toward them and started to think.

'Now there should be fewer people who try to enter the desert.'

The chances of the Dark Elves' Underground City being discovered should go down.
But more than that...

'They should understand at least a little bit about how hard it is for Cale.'

There were many who said that Cale was a hero...
Many who said that he was amazing.
However, how many of them knew the details of the path he was walking?

'It's not just Choi Han.'

Choi Han, Mary, the children...
Many of them were fighting against the White Star in the face of death.
Eruhaben thought that people should at least know a bit of that weight.

'The Caro Kingdom should give that unlucky bastard at least something now.'

The Caro Kingdom would give something to Cale for his suffering. They would probably give him a lot of material goods as he hates fame and power.
Of course, Eruhaben had not said these things because he wanted them to give Cale a reward or understand his suffering.