Chapter 433 - Me? Why? (2)

Cale looked solemn. It was because his mind was complicated more than ever before.

'... If the Henituse household really becomes a Marquis......!
No, if it becomes a Duke's household!'

They were rich, had the strongest influence in the naval forces, and would have the title of Duke or Marquis? Just thinking about that made Cale feel as if his slacker life was turning into an illusion and waving goodbye to him.

'Nah, no way.'

The Roan Kingdom's nobles would have to be crazy to let one household have money, power, and honor. Furthermore, how smart was crown prince Alberu Crossman? No matter how much that person trusts Cale, would he push power for his family as well?

"Young master-nim, are you okay?"

Cale turned to see Witira looking at him with an odd expression on her face. She debated it for a moment before starting to speak.

"... Young master-nim, why are you rejecting all those things?"

She found someone like Cale Henituse who rejected a respected position, title, and honor to be weird.

"Why else?"

Cale grumbled with a frown on his face.

"Things like that are annoying. I already have plenty of things to do."

He had a lot of things to do after getting rid of that White Star bastard. He already needed to farm even as a slacker because of the promise he made with team leader Lee Soo Hyuk.

Farming was not an easy task. Kim Rok Soo was someone who had lived in cities his whole life. He was more accustomed to a job like being a server in the Eastern continent's 'Hope and Adventure Loving Inn' than farming.

'I need to read up on farming too.'

He couldn't do a bad job at it if he was going to create a field and start farming. He needed to at least have basic knowledge about farming.

'The children will be watching me.'

The children averaging nine-years-old would be by Cale's side watching him farm. If Cale half-assed the farming with them watching? If he threw the seeds and didn't care about the field at all?
Cale may not care about helping with the children's education, but even he wouldn't do something like that.

He needed to play, eat, rest, sleep, and now farm once he became a slacker. He was already concerned that he wouldn't have time to rest because of the farm, so who cares about a respected position? Title? He didn't need any of those things.
Witira seemed to be sighing as she started to speak toward Cale who seemed to be thinking deeply about something.

"...Young master-nim, taking care of the White Star really is difficult, but you should still take the things you're supposed to take."

'Hmm?'

Cale felt something from Witira's actions. She seemed to have misunderstood him and was looking at him with a gaze that seemed to be thinking that he was a person who wanted to sacrifice himself. Cale started to speak in order to change that gaze.

"I'm not talking about the White Star. I'm not talking about the present, I'm talking about the future."
"The future?"
"Yes. I need to farm in the future."

'Mm, yes indeed, it will be a small field to start and I'm going to plant crops that are easy to grow.'

"... Farm?"
"Yes. What else is there for me to do after getting rid of the White Star? I'm just going to return to the Forest of Darkness and live a quiet life."