Chapter 520 - Late (5)

The white wyvern slowly lowered its head.
Then the person on its back became visible.

The wyvern that was leisurely flying in the air and the Wyverns both looked down on Alberu.

'This is a first.'

Maybe it was because it was his first time on the battlefield, but Alberu felt odd seeing the enemies looking down at him.
However, his nervousness suppressed that odd feeling.

'They're watching me.'

There were many eyes watching Alberu right now.
Alberu felt that these gazes were scary when he was young.
These gazes seemed to be testing him or keeping an eye on him.
Even now, there may be people among the allied troops who were looking at him in order to make some sort of judgment about him.

Alberu Crossman.

This was his destiny from the moment he received the Crossman last name.
However, after such a long period of time, he knew.
He knew that judgment and wariness were not the only things in those gazes.

He could feel it even without looking.

'Please save us.'
'Please get us past this danger, your highness.'

The desperate pleas of the citizens inside the castle walls.
The hope for the citizens who were captured as hostages.
The vassals' expectations.

He could now feel them all even without looking.

That was why Alberu shrugged his shoulders toward the White Star who was looking down at him.

"Don't you need my life? You seem to have no intentions of coming down."

The White Star started to speak at that moment.

"I believe I said I wanted to chat."

'Chat my ass.'

Alberu sighed.

"My little brother told me something."

His right hand that wasn't holding his helmet pointed toward the White Star.

"He said you say a lot of bullshit."

The White Star started to frown while Alberu leisurely continued speaking.

"If you want to chat, get down here and sincerely ask to chat. Otherwise, shut the hell up."

Shouldn't someone who claims they want to chat with the enemy show some basic sincerity?
Alberu looked toward the White Star with an expression that seemed to be asking why he needed to say something so obvious.

"Hahaha! Oh, this..."

The White Star awkwardly laughed. He then touched his white mask and continued to speak.

"I see. You want me to be respectful if I want to chat?"

Smirk.

His mask covered his eyes and his forehead. The corners of his lips that were still visible started to rise.

"I don't want to do that."

As expected, the White Star had no desire to chat.
It was a trap.
Alberu realized it at that moment.

He's coming.

Flap, flap.

The white wyvern's large wings headed down.
Its beak pointed to the ground as well.
Its body instantly charged down as if it was trying to crash into Alberu.

The Knight Captain leading the Knights Brigade surrounding Alberu started to shout.

"Protect his highness!"