Chapter 450 - He's Human (4)

Cale's hands that were reaching toward the sky weakly fell down.
His slumping hands were still slightly shaking. Cale did not think about making his hands stop shaking.

A silver light.
He could see the large and half-transparent dome covering the entire plaza. The silver light was shining brightly.

"Young master-nim!"

Gashan quietly shouted to him with an emotional voice.

"Raon-nim must have arrived!"

Cale did not cast his shield. He didn't need to do so.

– Human!

He heard Raon's voice that was filled with urgency. Cale lifted his head up. Raon's silver shield looked quite sturdy.
This should be enough to resist multiple aftershocks of the White Star and Choi Han's attacks.

'So smart.'

Cale sighed at the fact that Raon cast a silver shield and not a black shield. He was a kid but he was a smart kid, like a certain someone.

'I guess he is the Dragon Lord's child. He also got a young noble's level of education by being with Eruhaben-nim since he was young.
...He's no joke the more that I think about it.'

Cale heard some footsteps coming toward him as his expression turned serious. He turned his head toward the direction of the footsteps only to see crown prince Valentino looking at him with an extremely odd expression.

Was he smiling, crying, or angry? He opened and closed his mouth a few times without saying anything with that confusing expression.

"...Young master Cale, is that silver light your doing as well?"

Cale had to think after hearing this question that took Valentino so long to ask. This silver dome that was like his silver shield was actually Raon's shield, but he could not tell Valentino that Raon had cast it.
He could not reveal the existence of a Dragon so easily.

'There are no mages nearby either.'

Mages would instantly realize that this silver dome was a magic shield, but unfortunately, there were no mages with Valentino because of the mana disturbance tools.

'Should I say that it is a hidden ally mage helping out since the mages from the Lord's Castle may end up coming here?
Yes, let's do that.'

Cale organized his thoughts and opened his mouth to speak. He was about to say that it was a great and mighty mage ally helping out.
However, Valentino was a bit faster.

"Yes. You don't need to say anything. I already understand enough of your thoughts."

'My thoughts? What do you know about my thoughts?'

Cale looked toward Valentino in shock, but the crown prince who seemed to be thinking about something shook his head before turning away from Cale and walking toward a nearby knight.

"What the...?"

Cale's mumblings did not reach Valentino. Instead, Cale felt his trouser cuffs starting to get wet.

– What do you mean, 'what the,' you stupid human! Human, you are an idiot!

He couldn't see them, but Cale could draw out the front paws grabbing his leg. The sniffling noise echoed in his mind.
It was definitely Raon. Cale finally realized something.

'I don't hear the mana disturbance tools alarm anymore.'

The wiiiiiing noise that had sharply and loudly echoed through the entire territory could no longer be heard. That symbolized just one thing.