Chapter 405 - Only Me (2)

All of the calls ended.
Cale immediately left through the window.

Clang clang.

The ninth floor strategy room window locked once again.

'I'll come to you a bit later!'

He could hear the voice of a Wind Elemental.
Now two of the three Elementals stayed behind in the magic stones storage room and the strategy room. Of course, they would reunite with Cale later.

'...Explosion! Blow it up! Kahahahaha!'

Only a weird one was left, but Cale did not have enough time to think about it.

"Let's go to where Beacrox is."
– I got it, human!

Cale headed toward Merchant guild leader Plavin's room where Beacrox should be.
He would meet with Plavin, Ron, and Beacrox over there.

***

Click.

Cale looked toward the door after hearing it open.
He slowly stood up from the couch.

"You're here, Merchant guild leader-nim."
"Mm!"

Plavin Singten flinched after hearing Cale's greeting as he walked into the room. He then nodded his head as if nothing was wrong and continued to walk in.

Click.

He then clenched his eyes before he reopened them after hearing Ron lock the door behind him.
It was at that moment.

"What do you think?"

He could hear Cale's nonchalant voice.
Plavin was shocked at this instant change of attitude, but he quickly started to speak as he preferred this nonchalant attitude.

"Some of the mages and the alchemists will head over in one hour with some troops to collect the fake slaves."

Plavin's two hands pointed to Beacrox and Ron.

"I convinced them to let these two seniors lead the way as you mentioned, sir."

Ron and Beacrox.
These two would be the ones to lead the Southern Alchemists' Tower's troops to collect the fake slaves.

"The mages are said to be skilled enough to install teleportation magic circles. Their plan is to teleport the slaves in batches as they are not strong enough to teleport all 1,200 at once."
"How wonderful."

Cale started to smile.
The mages who would head into a trap with Ron and Beacrox were not skilled enough like Rosalyn or Becrock to teleport multiple people at once by themselves.
However, it was fine if they were skilled enough to teleport 1,200 slaves even if it took multiple teleportations.

'It becomes easier to blow up the Tower when more of those skilled mages are not here.'

Cale's side would become more advantageous the more mages were not at the tower.
Plavin Singten who finished his report looked toward Cale with anxiety. Cale started to speak.

"Open them."

Beacrox's hands started to move.

Zzzzzzz-

One of the backpacks on the table was unzipped.

"...Hmph!"

Plavin gasped.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

His heart was beating wildly.

He could see the magic bombs.

'These will explode today.'

The tips of Plavin's fingers were slightly shaking.

Pat.