Chapter 410 - Holding Back the Tears (1)

Both the allies and the enemies blankly watched the two red hands clasp together in the night sky.

The two large red mana hands formed a sphere that resembled the sun once they merged.

"Ugh, aaaaaaaaaaah!"

Nobody could do anything as they heard the painful screams of the person captured within that sun.

– ...Wow, this is no joke.

Bud could not pick his jaw back up as he watched from the other side of the video communication device.
He could see Becrock flailing around inside the red mana hands.

Becrock was trying his best to defend against Rosalyn's mana that was attacking him as if it was fire.

"Ahhhhh!"

However, he could not do it.
The red mana crashed into his combined mana each time to divide it back into dead mana and mana.
Then the mana would be destroyed.

'Damn it! Damn it! Fuck!'

The mana getting destroyed was the mana inside Becrock's body and not the Southern Tower Master's mana.
It was the mana he had built up while practicing magic.

"Ugh, this, this-!"

Becrock started to frown.

Rosalyn's mana was destroying his mana.
This proved that Rosalyn was much greater than him when it came to handling mana.

He finally realized the meaning behind Rosalyn's words.

'Becrock, I was practicing magic as well while you were making your laws and doing magic.'

And now, the mana that she had practiced for so long was tightening its grip around Becrock.
Becrock was extremely angry.

'Thank you. I grew stronger thanks to you.'

He understood the meaning behind that statement as well. Rosalyn's current condition, her growth, was something she realized during their battle.

Becrock was slowly getting suffocated.
He could not escape.

The red mana would destroy his mana every time he would try to cast a teleportation spell.
It was extremely tenacious.

"Ugh, ugh! Ugh!"

Becrock wanted to breathe.
He wanted to live.
He did not want to be in pain.

'F, for me to die like this! I thought I stepped on everyone to get here!'

His view slowly turned black.
Becrock could see Rosalyn's stoic face right before his view became completely black. She did not show any joy, sorrow, nor even anger.
Becrock frowned as he fell into a completely dark world.
The two red hands disappeared.

Becrock's body started to fall.

Swooooooosh-

However, a red breeze that flew in from somewhere held Becrock's body in the air.
It was Rosalyn's magic. She started to speak to the person approaching him.

"Young master Cale."
"Miss Rosalyn."

Rosalyn pointed to Becrock.

"He's not dead. We should put mana restricting chains on him and pass him over to Sir Rex."

Bud Illis was watching this from the other side of the screen. He looked in the direction Rosalyn was pointing before gulping as he observed Becrock.

'It probably would have been better to have been killed.'

He would die soon enough.
She probably kept him alive so that she could hand the leader of the enemies to Sir Rex, Jack, Hannah, and Rei Stecker, the four people who would lead the future Mogoru.