Chapter 443 - Even if you breathe quietly (2)

The crow observed the fainted rat in Choi Han's hand. The crow on Cale's shoulder approached the rat and thoroughly observed it.

"The Illusionist seems to control rats."

Choi Han put the fainted rat down and picked his sword up again after hearing the certainty in Gashan's voice.

Slaaaaash, slash!

The ground underneath the entire alley was flipped over. Choi Han frowned every time he stabbed his sword into the ground. Once the sword stabbed a certain length into the ground...

'...There's a path!'

He felt a small underground path that small animals such as rats would be able to cross. Choi Han quickly flipped the ground over. He then raised his senses to become as sensitive as possible.

Squeeak, squeak-

He then heard a quiet noise. Choi Han turned his head. Somewhere in the dark alley... A shaded spot in the corner of the wall that even Choi Han who was hiding there had ignored...

Squeeak, squeak, squeak!

Choi Han made eye contact with a rat that started to run away. He looked around at the ground, the alley, on top of the wall, and then across the Dubori territory.

'...We're on top of the White Star's palm!'

He had no idea where else those small rats might be hiding. He had no way of knowing where they might be hiding and observing them.

'Since when...since when were we being observed?'

Choi Han got goosebumps on his back.

Had they been observed by those rats as soon as they entered the Dubori territory? Or were they being observed long before they even arrived at the territory?

'The rumbling we felt in Young-en when we were meeting with crown prince Valentino. Was that rumbling from the West we felt the Illusionist's doing as well?'

Choi Han had known the White Star was strong this whole time, but for some odd reason, he had not been afraid of the White Star. He felt as if the White Star was an enemy they could defeat at any moment.

'Why did I have such thoughts?'

The White Star and his subordinates were not people they could look down upon.

The White Star had clashed with Choi Han and the others many times, but it had been as if he had been hiding himself every time. The situation in the Mogoru was something he did by making the Empire's people move.

But now, the White Star was revealing himself without hiding at all in the Caro Kingdom's Dubori territory. It felt as if the White Star's power, influence, and abilities were coming out of hiding and surrounding Choi Han.

'...Shit.'

Choi Han finally started to feel a sense of danger.

'I didn't think I'd only realize I was stuck in a spider web until after I was already stuck.'

Since they entered this small city with the Lord's Castle, no, since they entered the Dubori territory or even the Caro Kingdom, they had been caught in the White Star's web and had been moving on top of his palm.

Caw, caw.

Choi Han realized he could not hear anybody speaking through the crow's cawing.

'Even Cale-nim is quiet.'

He felt the weight of this dangerous situation even more after seeing that both Gashan and more importantly, Cale, were quiet. His gaze headed toward his silent liege.