Chapter 439 - You Tried to Trick Me? (1)

"Human! Are we teleporting?"

Raon asked as he stuffed the fancy desserts made by the Roan Kingdom's greatest pâtissier into his spatial dimension. Raon's spatial dimension was pretty much a refrigerator at this point. The six years old Dragon was at his growing phase in Dragon years.

'...I don't think I saw any vegetables.'

Cale started to worry about this Dragon's imbalanced diet after not seeing any vegetables in the piles of food inside Raon's spatial dimension.

"Human, why are you looking at me? Do you want some? I don't mind sharing with you!"
"It's fine."
"Ah!"

Raon hit his two front paws together as if he was clapping.

"Human, you probably want to eat green onion pancakes, gochujang, and doenjang! Don't worry! Beacrox will definitely make it!"

Cale's vicious gaze turned toward Choi Han. Choi Han just let that gaze pass by like a breeze, making Cale sigh and lower his head as he started to clean the mess on the table.

'...I guess the senior might have wanted to eat some Korean food.'

Cale was trying his best to understand Choi Han's feelings. It was at that moment.

"Cale-nim."
"What is it? Are you craving gochujang?"

Cale looked at Choi Han with an awkward expression after hearing Choi Han sigh. He could see the concerned look on Choi Han's face. He looked as if he was hesitant about something. Cale's expression turned odd as he looked at it.

'This person, why does he-'

Click. Click.

'Why is he clicking his scabbard with a concerned expression? I keep seeing his sword come out of the scabbard!'

Choi Han was clicking his scabbard with a concerned expression, revealing the cold blade of the sword every time it clicked. Cale opened up his curling shoulders as he confidently looked toward Choi Han.

'...I can't understand Cale-nim's thoughts at all.'

Choi Han held back a sigh and started to speak after seeing the calm gaze looking at him.

"Cale-nim, I heard that the White Star needs dead mana to the point that he ordered it as a tribute."

The Mogoru's former Imperial Prince Adin and the black mages delivered dead mana to the White Star as tribute. This meant that the White Star needed dead mana or it benefited him in some way.

Choi Han was reminding Cale about this. Naturally, Cale knew that as well.
He recalled the conversation he had with the ancient powers when he was on Wind Island.

'The person with the sky attribute periodically absorbed dead mana. This Wind Island's dead mana storage facility was a tribute for that bastard as well.'
'Why does the person with the sky attribute need dead mana?'
'I do not know. I tried to find out a few times, but I failed.'

He heard Choi Han's voice again.

"Furthermore, the White Star still has the black mages and the Lion King."

He was calmly telling Cale the truth.

"Their powers will be immense in the Land of Death during that time."

The time when the dead mana smoke rose from the ground. People with the darkness attribute would be stronger than ever during that time.

"On the other hand, Cale-nim, people like you and me who do not have the darkness attribute will face a difficult battle."