Chapter 491 - Do you hear a dog barking somewhere? (3)

Shhhh, shhhh.

Jopis was elegantly drinking tea as she looked through the document Cale handed her.

Sniff sniff!

Cale was frowning at the puppy that kept circling around him and sniffing him.

'Why is she acting like this?'

The shabby puppy whose eyes could not be seen because of her long hair continued to remain by Cale's side while wagging her tail.

"...She's cute."

Choi Han who was sitting on the bed mumbled with a dazed expression.
It was at that moment.

Tap.

The puppy placed her front paw on Cale's shoe. She then looked up at Cale.
Choi Han found it to be extremely cute.

"...So cute."
"Cute? She's very shrewd."

'What?'

Choi Han's gaze moved in a different direction. He saw Bud who was still tied down even though he no longer had the gag.
Bud continued in a sobbing tone after seeing Cale and Choi Han's gaze focused on him.

"Those five dogs were the reason I ended up like this. My goodness, for the Mercenary King to look like this..."
"...Five dogs?"

Cale mumbled and lowered his head.

Huff huff.

The puppy tilted her head as her tail continued to wag. Cale didn't like animals very much, but this puppy was indeed cute.
Bud continued in his sad tone.

"The ones outside the window."

Cale's gaze headed out the window.

This window located in the old room...
Normally, he should be able to see the green trees and grass outside the window that was locked because it was autumn and cold as they were under the mountain.
However, he saw something else right now.

"...A dog?"

He saw a dog outside this window that was decently high.

'They look similar.'

The puppy that was looking at Cale with puppy dog eyes and her paw on Cale's shoe looked similar to the dog outside the window.
However, the puppy outside the window looked a bit cleaner than this one.

'Is it tall enough?'

Cale thought about the high window and looked out the window as he wondered how he could see a puppy.

"Mm."

He saw two other puppies holding up the puppy at the window sill. There was another puppy next to them roaming around as if it was the lookout.

'...They don't look like regular dogs?'

The puppy feigning ignorance to everything by Cale's foot didn't seem normal either. These five fluffy puppies seemed a bit special.

"I never said that I only had the mother dog."

Cale turned his head after hearing Jopis's elegant voice.

"I was tricked by those cute children. I let down my guard down and......!"

Bud looked extremely upset. No, he seemed depressed.

"Ruff!"

The puppy by Cale's foot barked once with an, 'I have no idea what he's talking about,' type of expression before looking toward Bud and tilting her head to the side multiple times.

"Aigoo!"

Bud looked as if he didn't know what to do as he found the puppy to be cute but also could not hide his depressed state.