Chapter 489 - Do you hear a dog barking somewhere? (1)

"It's been a while, young master-nim. Raon-nim."

Cale saw a gently smiling Ron once the light disappeared from the teleportation and he arrived at his destination.

"It's been a while, grandpa Ron! Good to see you again! Thanks for the apple pie!"

Ron had offered Raon an apple pie with efficient movement.

"...Thank you."

He had then offered Cale a cup of lemon tea that was still steaming hot. Cale grabbed the teacup with a grim expression before heading toward the window.

"There's nothing for you."

Choi Han did not respond in any way to Ron's comment. He looked as if he had not expected anything from the beginning.
Cale did not care as he looked out the window.

"A lot of it has been cleaned up."

Arm's remains outside the office window were all gone, and... He could see the reconstruction of the Molan residence taking place under the fluttering Molan family flag.

"Hello, young master-nim."

Cale looked toward the direction of the voice to see Bud's close friend, the highest-grade mage Glenn Poeff looking at him with an awkward smile on his face.

"You struggle a lot because of him."
"...It's nothing. I just should never have become friends with a bastard like Bud."

Glenn who was shaking his head saying it was nothing had a gaze that seemed to be thanking Cale for understanding his suffering.

"Where is Jopis's residence?"

Ron immediately answered Cale's question.

"It's in a village so remote that there aren't even any merchants that visit."

The Molden Kingdom was a kingdom famous for its shipping routes.
The fact that there was a village without any merchants meant that it was extremely remote and lagging behind.

"Young master-nim, you do not need to worry about the route as I will guide you there myself."

Cale awkwardly turned away as looking at Ron's benign smile oddly gave him the chills. He then started to speak toward Glenn.

"Why did Bud go to meet Jopis?"

Bud had told Cale not to worry about information regarding the Molden Kingdom as he would figure it out.

'He may seem like a doof, but he's still the Mercenary King.'

There were many ways for Bud to gather information.
The living and breathing mercenaries around the entire Eastern continent were his informants.

But he didn't know why such a person would go to meet with Jopis who was exiled and had nothing.

"You see..."

Glenn's face instantly stiffened.
That made Cale, Choi Han, and the others who were looking at him stiffen as well.
Glenn started to speak again once all of their gazes were focused on him.

"...He said it was a secret."
"Hmm? What?"

Glenn awkwardly started to smile. He avoided Cale's gaze and quietly started to mumble.

"...Bud, you crazy son of a bitch."

He then clenched his eyes shut as he continued to speak.

"He said he got his hands on some precious information and that he would tell me about it later as he was going to personally look into it to deliver the information to you, young master-nim. He said getting you this information would relieve him of his secretary status."