Chapter 424 - How Respectful (2)

Raon's pupils started to shake. He sat there flapping his wings with his jaws dropped. It was the same for Hong. His eyes were open round without moving at all.

Nobody was saying anything.

'... My goodness.'

Rosalyn subconsciously covered her mouth.

Cale had suddenly opened his eyes without any indications of it happening. He sat up and leaned on the head of the bed with a blank expression before he randomly started crying.

Teardrops were falling drop after drop.

He had a blank expression on his usually stoic face as he continued to drip tears one after another. Seeing this made Rosalyn wonder if she was dreaming.

Cale Henituse.

What kind of person was he? Rosalyn never expected Cale to show such a sight.

It would be fitting to see him cry in anger or annoyance. Those would be the reasons she would have expected to see him cry.

'...But this-!'

For Cale to be crying like this! Rosalyn lowered the hand that was covering her mouth that had clenched into a fist at some point. She felt as if she should say something.

It was at that moment.

"...Why am I crying? I'm not sad."

Cale said that before slightly lifting the corners of his lips and trying to smile.

Rosalyn's fist covered her mouth again. The corners of the lips he had tried so hard to lift looked sorrowful.

Seeing someone with a pale expression smiling sorrowfully and crying made her unable to speak. She looked around.

The way On, Hong, and Raon all stiffly sat there with their pupils shaking must mean that they were all shocked. Eruhaben who was on the couch looked shocked as well, while Mary seemed frozen and stopped eating the cookie she had started to eat while saying, 'people need to eat.'

Cale's servant Ron seemed to have frozen and forgotten to maintain his benign smile.

Choi Han was the last person she saw.

'Hmm?'

He had a different expression than the others.

Choi Han had a complicated and concerned look on his face as he stood there quietly staring at Cale with his arms crossed. It was at that moment.

"H, human, did you h, have a nightmare?"

Raon stuttered as he quickly approached Cale's side and landed on the bed.

'Huh?'

Rosalyn could see Choi Han sighing after hearing the word, 'nightmare.' Choi Han slightly shook his head before starting to smile as if there was nothing he could do about it. He made eye contact with Rosalyn as he did that.

'What is it?'

She quietly asked with her mouth, but Choi Han waved his hand to say it was nothing, making her realize that there definitely was something.

However, she didn't have time to ask Choi Han anything else.

"You must eat."

Mary in her black robe walked past Rosalyn toward the bed with the cookie basket in her hand.

The basket that was full of cookies was placed on the bed.

"We eat when we are sad. Eating is winning. We become sad when we are hungry. We become hungry when we are sad."