Chapter 586 - You've grown a lot (4)

"...The ones our rescue team members are trying to save in there aren't human?"

Lee Soo Hyuk's eyes opened wide.

Cale just responded by nodding his head.

The Yeonsan-dong rescue team incident.

The incident that made people stop relying solely on 'strength' to rank the monsters and start adding the monster's 'attributes' as well.

"The Mirror Masks have two special abilities. One is the ability to copy the appearance of a living creature they killed."

It didn't have to be humans.

The Mirror Masks perfectly copied the appearance of any creature they consumed.

"However, the Mirror Masks usually look like humans."

This was because they ate a lot of humans.

They were wicked creatures.

Cale, who had fought against many monsters, wouldn't usually make such a harsh judgment about a monster, but the Mirror Masks were truly wicked creatures to him.

It was not just because they ate a lot of humans.

"It eats the weakest of a race and then drags in and kills stronger beings who show concern about the weak. These monsters continue to get stronger by doing that."

For example...

"If we were to use humans as an example, they would first eat children and old people and act extremely pitiful looking like them before dragging in and eating other humans who want to help them."

These Mirror Masks aimed for the weak first.

Then they used human compassion to their advantage in order to hunt the people trying to help them.

"...Ho."

Kim Woo, who was listening, gasped.

Cale just stared at Lee Soo Hyuk's emotionless face as he continued to speak.

"The Mirror Masks' second special ability is their ability to lure monsters and make them lose their rationality."

Cale slowly turned toward the monsters surrounding the building.

He could see the monsters doing everything they could to get inside the building to where the rescue team members and the Mirror Masks were hiding.

"Mister Rabbit."

The White Rabbit was already looking at the monsters as if they were odd.

"Those monsters will not become afraid even if you step in."
"That must explain why they are showing no responses when the fact that I am here should make them become at least a bit wary or start to run. They definitely seem to have lost their rationalities as you mentioned, Mr. Rok Soo."

One of Kim Woo's subordinates started to speak.

"Isn't this a complicated situation then?"

He quickly continued to speak once he made eye contact with Cale.

"Isn't it, sir? That means the monsters will continue to come charging in."

Lee Soo Hyuk started to speak at that moment.

"It doesn't seem that complicated at all."
"Excuse me?"

Cale started to speak once Kim Woo's subordinate asked.

"We just need to create a path."

Joo Ho-Shik shouted at the same time.

"I have faith!"