Chapter 457 - Returned (3)

However, nobody was welcoming Beacrox and Ron who returned home after a long time.
In fact, enemies were charging at them from the main gate.

"This is nice."

Beacrox commented before swinging his greatsword horizontally.

"Ugh!"

One of Arm's swordsmen who had been charging forward flew sideways after losing the power battle against the greatsword. But that was just the beginning.
Mages, knights, soldiers, and archers, all sorts of people charged at the two of them.

"We should have killed all those Molan bastards!"
"How dare these rats confidently charge in like this!"

A few people who had betrayed their respective underworld households to join Arm in the past were shouting at Beacrox.

"How funny."

That was all Beacrox had to say before he started to move forward.
He knew where he needed to go and he was happy to swing his sword to get there.

"...You-"
"Please just follow me."

Ron was about to say something but Beacrox brushed it aside and swung the greatsword diagonally.

Bang!

A magic fireball exploded after touching the wind pressure created by the greatsword.
Beacrox immediately stabbed the sword forward and took another step.

"Aaaah!"

Beacrox's sword pierced through someone else's side. Beacrox pulled the sword out with a stoic expression and kicked to the side with his right leg.

"Ugh!"

A soldier fell down without realizing what happened.

'I will take the lead.'

That was the only thought on Beacrox's mind as he swung his sword. Ron watched his son and quietly followed behind him.

'...He's definitely gotten stronger.'

Ever since Choi Han arrived at the residence, his son Beacrox's sword skills had slowly increased even if it wasn't easily noticeable.
And he was slowly becoming more like his wife. The way he uses his sword and his actions were both becoming like her.

'Although he looks exactly like me.'

He felt as if he would start to laugh. It was rare for him to want to laugh like this on the battlefield, but today felt as if it would be one of those rare days.
His wife had always been by his side whenever he laughed like this on the battlefield.

The two of them had started to date and got married at an older age compared to most people. Honestly speaking, it took a long time for them to get married after they started dating. They had done a lot of jobs together as those times together built up.

She was the first person Ron had allowed by his side other than when he was learning dagger arts and stealth techniques from the elders in the family.

Well, it was probably more accurate to say he held her back at his side rather than allowed her to be there.

'I told you I'll take the lead.'
'Stop rushing out so much.'
'Oh, come on! Stop being so frustrating.'

She really enjoyed taking the lead in battle.
Ron recalled some of the conversations he had with her.

'No. Listen to me. Think about being in the front and smacking the faces of the enemies with a greatsword. Do you know how that feels?'
'Do I need to know that? I prefer stabbing people in the neck from behind instead.'
'Aigoo, I shouldn't have even asked.'