Chapter 482 - Follow Me (5)

'It's me this time?'

Cale started to frown.

"Human! What is it?"

He heard Raon's voice next to him, but he could not pay any attention to it.
The World Tree had said that the God of Death cherishes heroes but is willing to sacrifice a few to save the masses. She then said that it was Cale this time.
That was why Cale asked in a slightly lower tone.

"Are you saying the God of Death is aiming for me?"
"Gasp!"

He could hear Adite gasp.

"Gasp!"

Raon gasped before quickly starting to ramble.

"Human! Did she say the God of Death wants to mess with you? I won't let him get away with it! I will destroy everything!"

In this place with the World Tree...
Although Tasha and the other Dark Elves did not get the World Tree's permission to enter... Choi Han who came with Cale and Raon slowly started to speak.

"...I am someone who is not afraid of anything anymore."

Cale flinched at Choi Han's calm but extremely vicious statement, however, he stopped paying attention to them as he heard the World Tree's voice.

Cale still had his eyes closed as he was listening to the World Tree. That was why he did not see the vicious glare on Choi Han's face nor the burning gaze in Raon's eyes.
Adite who was watching them gulped and clasped her hands together.
Cale who had his eyes closed started to hear someone laugh at that moment.

– Hahahaha.

The World Tree started to speak as if Cale was a cute little boy.

– Didn't I tell you? The God of Death is someone who is experienced in making deals. I'm saying you are the person he is trying to make a deal with this time.
"Ah."

Cale let out a sigh of relief.

'I thought she meant that I was the one to be sacrificed to save the many.'

His expression relaxed as he thought that he was shocked for no reason.

– Of course, you may die if the deal goes wrong.

'What? Is this World Tree trying to mess with my mind?'

Cale started to frown. The World Tree did not care and continued to speak.

– The power of the God of Death inside your pocket should be a medium used to make a deal with him.
"...It is not a deal."

The God of Death's letter in Cale's pocket had said that it was, 'an opportunity for a decision.'
The opportunity to decide whether to live here or to go back. The God of Death had made it sound like goodwill rather than a deal.

A deal is something where both sides trade things.

However, the God of Death had told Cale to decide without saying he was going to take anything from Cale.

Cale continued to think. He heard the World Tree's voice again.

– Cale Henituse. Do not fully trust the God of Death. Even in the past, the God of Death, ugh!

Boom!

Cale felt the tree start to shake violently.

'What the...?'

He almost opened his eyes in shock.

– Do not open your eyes!

However, he kept them tightly closed after hearing the World Tree's shout.