Chapter 542 - Did you miss me? (4)

"I didn't know I would be welcoming an esteemed guest all of a sudden."

Fredo said that while looking at Cale.
Cale shrugged his shoulders and pointed at Alberu.

"His highness the crown prince is the antsy type who likes to get things done quickly. Bob hyung is pretty antsy too."

Alberu's eyebrow slightly twitched, but Cale smiled and ignored it. Fredo thoroughly observed Cale and the now Bob/Alberu before starting to speak.

"I guess this esteemed guest has a pretty high position too."
"Yes."

Cale nodded his head without any hesitation and continued to speak.

"He just doesn't have an official title. Our Bob hyung has been like his highness the crown prince's twin brother since they were young."
"Hooo."
"It's normal that you wouldn't know about him, Duke."

Cale looked toward Alberu who started to speak as if he was responding to Cale's gaze.

"I've lived my entire life as his highness the crown prince's shadow."

It was not a lie.

Alberu in his quarter Dark Elf form...
That appearance was pretty much crown prince Alberu's shadow.

'How amazing.'

Choi Han was quietly looking away from Cale and Alberu who could lie so well without any issues.

Fredo looked toward the man whose face was covered from the nose up by a mask and started to speak.

"...That must be why this sir is responsible for the information network."

He was speaking respectfully to Bob.
Part of it was because Bob was the crown prince's proxy, but it was also because there was a mysterious aura about this Bob person as well.

Fredo recalled how Bob had introduced himself.

'Nice to meet you. My name is Bob and I am his highness, the crown prince's proxy and also the person in charge of the crown prince's information network.'

The part about how he was in charge of the information network stuck out to Fredo.

'He is the person at the center of the information.'

Fredo's gaze stealthily became sharp as he looked at Bob.

Information was sometimes more important than diplomacy, administration, and troops.
But the fact that someone in charge of that was this young must mean that this person was quite skilled.

Fredo saw Alberu Crossman as a talented but calm and collected person, so there was no way that Bob, someone that Alberu had selected, would be useless.

'I guess he is a vassal who has grown up and studied together with the crown prince since they were young?'

The part about how he was the crown prince's shadow was memorable as well.
It made it sound as if he had been guarding the Roan Kingdom while hiding in the darkness and transforming the Roan Kingdom into a strong kingdom.
Furthermore, it was shocking that he and Cale were calling each other brothers.

'Crown prince Alberu Crossman and Cale Henituse are sworn brothers too.'

Had the two of them and this Bob person who lived in the shadows created this sworn brotherhood between the three of them?

Alberu Crossman would handle things at the front end.
Cale Henituse would take care of the dangers throughout the kingdom and the Western continent.
Finally, Bob would take care of a lot of different things without showing himself in order to protect the kingdom.