Chapter 521 - Late (6)

"No–!"

The fire that looked like a wild animal with sharp fangs struck down to rip Alberu's body apart.
Taylor was leaning forward so much that it looked as if he might fall over the ledge as he screamed.

"Your highness!"
"S, shoot that with magic immediately!"
"What the hell is the Knights Brigade doing?! Open the gates! I need to go out there!"

A portion of the vassals who had come with Alberu could not hide their astonishment.

'...No, this isn't it!'

Taylor's mind was going blank.
Yes, he should not have let his highness go out in the first place.

'Even if I had to throw a fit or hold onto him for dear life, I should have made his highness stay inside the castle!'

The Royal Knights Brigade was too busy defending against the wyverns to protect Alberu.
They were trying their best.
However, they could not do anything about the fact that there were not more of them.

'If Mr. Choi Han was here......!'

Something like this would not have happened if Choi Han was here instead of those knights.
Taylor became weak the moment he had that thought.

'...This is the Roan Kingdom's weakness.'

The weakness of the Roan Kingdom that was growing quickly on the Western continent was this.

'We only rely on a few select people.'

Taylor hated the fact that he was hoping for Cale to quickly head over even as he realized this weakness.
But there was nothing he could do about it.

'I need to do my part......! But there is nothing I can do. I am weak. I am doing my best, but none of it is useful to block the White Star's attack right now.'

"...What do I do?"

Taylor started to fall to the ground as he felt his strength leave his body as he could only watch as the White Star's fire sword struck down on Alberu.

Plop.

One of his knees touched the floor. The coldness from the floor traveled up his body.
He knelt on one knee and grabbed the ledge and looked toward the sword that was about to slash Alberu.

'...His highness who is a high-grade swordsman cannot block that attack.'

He felt as if his own body was going to rip.
His vision started to turn dark.

It was at that moment.

"...Ah?"

His vision brightened.
Everything started to become bright.

"...Ah!"

The questioning gasp turned into a shocked gasp.
He pushed off the ground with his knee while tightening his grip on the ledge.
He subconsciously stood up.

"...Your highness!"

'His highness, he...!'

"No, this, what?!"

He could not speak properly.
He could not believe it even after seeing it with his own eyes.

His body leaned forward a little more over the edge.
Taylor could hear one of the territory soldiers who was pointing his arrow to prevent the enemy invasion mumble to himself at that moment.

"...Light."

Taylor said the same thing as if he was out of it.

"...It's light."