Chapter 487 - Peeling layer after layer (4)

"It'll be nice to do that together. We should do such fun things together."

Cale looked toward Alberu who was smiling while saying it sounded fun. Alberu started to speak after seeing his gaze.

"Did you create such a plan because of Elisneh the First?"

He had yet to hear why Cale was going to overturn the Molden Kingdom.
However, he assumed it was something that had to do with taking down the White Star because he had heard that Elisneh the First, the monarch of the Molden Kingdom, was the Illusionist, one of the White Star's subordinates.

"Hyung-nim."
"Yes."

Alberu looked toward Cale who was suddenly looking at him with an observing gaze instead of answering his question with an odd gaze.

'Why is this bastard who is great at creating situations that drive me nuts looking at me like this?'

As Alberu had an ominous feeling...

"Hmm... Hyung-nim, I guess you can fight too."

Cale recalled how the quarter Dark Elf Alberu had enjoyed receiving the bottle of dead mana in the past.

"Hmm?"

Alberu flinched.
He realized the intentions behind Cale's gaze.

'That looks like the gaze I have when I've found someone useful!'

Alberu had once seen his gaze reflected on a window when he found a useful administrator and started to talk to him.
Cale's gaze right now looked exactly like his gaze back then.

'No.'

He could not get involved with this bastard who drove him nuts.
There was a difference between working with Cale and being driven nuts by his actions.

"I'm not fighting."

Alberu sternly shook his head.

"You absolutely won't fight?"

He then flinched at Cale's question.
Cale had asked that question without much thought, but Alberu did not know that.

"...Of course, I will step up if something happens to the Roan Kingdom or the Roan Kingdom's citizens."
"I see."

Alberu started to frown after seeing Cale's soulless response. He bit down on his lips as he asked.

"Why is my dongsaeng asking me such a question? Shouldn't you be telling me about the Molden Kingdom?"
"The White Star is creating a fake World Tree."
"Hmm?"

Alberu flinched, but Cale recorded everything written on the boulder before nonchalantly continuing to speak.

"They're creating it in the Molden Kingdom's palace, and the Elves infiltrated once but their plans failed because of dead mana."
"...Huh?"
"That's why the Dark Elves are thinking about working with my group to help the World Tree out this time. We also plan on dragging the Mercenaries Guild and the nearby kingdoms in the Eastern continent into helping out as well."

Alberu kept his mouth shut.

"Ah, the Elves will be with us as well."

Cale stopped talking and looked toward the quiet Alberu. The two of them made eye contact.

"My little brother that loves to drive me nuts."
"...I drive you nuts? Why?"
"Never mind."

Alberu shook his head before starting to speak again.

"The Roan Kingdom does not have the troops to send to the Eastern continent. You should know that."
"I do."

He didn't know when the White Star would invade the Roan Kingdom. Because of that, the Roan Kingdom was currently gathering as many troops as possible.
Of course, it was being conducted stealthily in order to not make the citizens of the kingdom worry.