Chapter 464 - It's What I want (5)

Choi Han's gaze as he looked at Cale, who was at a loss for words, was firm. He looked determined or almost stubborn to not shake no matter what Cale said.

"...You-"

Cale who barely managed to open his mouth made eye contact with the large snake's red eyes over Choi Han's shoulder.

"Damn it! Follow me for now!"

Cale started to run toward the top of the mountain again. Choi Han followed right next to Cale.

"Please don't overdo it."

He then picked Cale up like a stack of hay and started to run.

"Hey, hey! What are you doing?!"

Choi Han calmly responded to Cale's shocked voice.

"Cale-nim, you've been using your ancient powers without even being able to rest properly. Even if you took a short rest during the meal, you will faint again if you keep pushing yourself too hard."

He heard Cale's laugh of disbelief behind him, but Choi Han held onto Cale even tighter as he lured the snake chasing them to the peak.
He then heard Cale's voice again.

"Hey! I'm going to get sick and vomit! Just carry me on your back or something! Ay, damn it! I feel like the meal I just ate is going to come back up!"
"Ah."

Choi Han gasped with an idiotic expression on his face. The terrain that was covered in rocks became rougher as they headed toward the peak. Cale who was being carried over Choi Han's shoulder felt like vomiting as his head was almost upside down looking back and forth between the large snake and the shaking ground.
It was to the point that Cale had subconsciously said, 'hey!' to his friend's paternal cousin once removed.

"One moment please."

Choi Han quickly moved Cale as if he was handling a doll and Cale was soon on Choi Han's back instead.
Choi Han then immediately started to run toward the peak again.

"Ah, this is nice."

Cale finally felt relaxed as he glared at the snake chasing them.

"Screeeeeeeeeeech-!"

The snake opened its mouth and screeched, but Cale who was surrounded by the Dominating Aura did not feel scared at all.
However...

'This snake bastard, it's super big.'

He was just overwhelmed by the snake's size. He was also feeling awkward about Choi Han who was carrying him so that he could peacefully climb to the top of the mountain.
Cale who could not be rude to his friend's paternal cousin once removed cleared his throat and tried to negotiate.

"Choi Han, you read senior's story too."
"...Senior?"
"Yes, senior. You are Choi Jung Soo's paternal cousin once removed, so I can't call Choi Jung Gun who is more senior than you so informally."

Choi Han who had been at a loss of words for a different reason started to speak again.

"...Please just call him Choi Jung Gun. I think that is best to not get it mixed up."
"Really? Then I will do that. Anyway, you saw Choi Jung Gun's memoir."
"...Yes. I di-!"

Choi Han stopped talking and quickly dodged after feeling a strong power coming from behind him and turned around.

Baaaaang!

The snake's head crashed with a loud explosion where Choi Han had just been standing.

Chomp, chomp.

Choi Han noticed the stones in the snake's now raised head crumbling into pieces. There was red liquid falling from the snake's mouth as it swallowed the crumbling rocks.