Chapter 416 - Save Me! (1)

– Human, what is it? You are acting odd!

Cale could not say anything even though Raon's voice filled his mind.

'I've been found out.'

Choi Han seemed to have figured everything out.
The fact that he mentioned his nephew's friend alone was enough to show that he knew about Choi Jung Soo and Kim Rok Soo. Furthermore, he seemed to have noticed that Kim Rok Soo was the current Cale as well.
No, it wasn't that he seemed to have noticed, he knew for sure.

"...Haha."

Cale started to laugh awkwardly before slowly avoiding Choi Han's gaze.

Baaaaang! Baaaaang!

The cheapskate's fiery thunderbolts were continuing to purify the dead mana and turn it into rose-gold colored ashes as that happened.

The fiery thunderbolts and the rose gold colored ashes.
The combination of this looked beautiful from a distance.
However, it was causing people around it to run away as they feared death, although the people at the center were not in a situation to notice what was going on.

Choi Han started to speak.

"...Kim Rok Soo."

Choi Han nonchalantly saying his name made Cale look toward a mountain in the distance. Of course, the only things he could see were the fiery thunderbolts that blocked his view.
The disappearing black liquids were also there.

Choi Han just quietly observed Cale.

'...Kim Rok Soo.'

Choi Han repeated that name in his mind once more.
He then tried to put Cale and Kim Rok Soo together.

During the time he had been Choi Jung Soo...
He had met many people as he followed through Choi Jung Soo's memories in his dream.

Choi Han had not thought much about it when he met Kim Rok Soo inside the dream. However, the smart Choi Han realized that Kim Rok Soo reminded him of someone as soon as he woke up.

No, they were the same.
That person was Cale Henituse.

Their way of speaking.
Facial expressions.
Personality.
But most importantly...

'You have to pay for your meals.'

The things Kim Rok Soo had said in the dream...

'My dream is to be a slacker. A rich slacker. If that is difficult, just a regular slacker. Got it?'

Those words overlapped with someone else's statements.
He had also seen how both Kim Rok Soo and Cale Henituse used the 'record' ability.
He also saw how they coughed up blood or ended up in pain after using their abilities.

Finally, the conversation he saw in Choi Jung Soo's memories...
Choi Jung Soo had been chatting with his teammates during a short period of peace.

'Are you reading a fantasy novel again?'
'Unfortunately, not this time.'
'Huh? It really isn't a fantasy novel. It's rare for you to read anything else.'
'It happens every so often.'

Choi Jung Soo smiled at his sunbae before making eye contact with Kim Rok Soo who was next to him.

'Hey, do I look a bit smart?'

Kim Rok Soo just shook his head sideways at Choi Jung Soo.

'Ahem.'

Choi Jung Soo didn't care about Kim Rok Soo's response as he continued to speak.

'My family researched ancient sword arts and martial arts for generations. Since my ability is related to the sword as well, I thought about creating a new sword art that fits the modern world! Isn't that cool? Ahh, I can feel just how cool I am.'
'...Sigh.'