Chapter 525 - I'm just a regular human being! (2)

However, he did not have time to fall into despair at the fact that he had lost a war of words.

Oooooong- oooooong-

The rumbling coming from the black mages' teleportation magic circle was getting stronger.

'Is he really planning on running away?'

The White Star was going to run away like this?

Honestly speaking, it was good news for Cale.
The situation did not look good when he looked around just now.
Many of the Roan Kingdom's Knights who were with Alberu were unconscious or heavily injured.

– Human! I looked at the magic surrounding the castle walls and the mages seem to be pushing themselves too hard! It'll be difficult for them to keep it up for much longer!

The ally Mage Brigade seemed to be reaching their limits as well.

'They also have hostages.'

There were innocent people inside the large carriage cages in the enemy formation.

'No matter how large of a teleportation magic circle the black mages create, taking those hostages with them would probably be too much.'

The chances of the White Star leaving the hostages behind were high.

Furthermore, Cale's body was in terrible condition as well.
He would faint the moment he used an ancient power one more time.

'...If the White Star runs away like this...'

Then that would be the best response for his side as well.
That was why they felt that something was off.

'Why is this bastard running away?'

Something seemed very off.

'Did I miss something?'

Cale recalled the information in his mind and tried to decipher them little by little.
But he had to open his mouth as he did that.

'Pfft. I know everything about you even if you say that. You are receiving help from a god.'

The ludicrous statement the White Star just made.
He needed to respond to that.
It could not be helped.

"...The Roan Kingdom's hero was being helped by a god-"

Cale heard a knight behind him mumble in admiration.
That voice gave Cale the chills.

The title of the Roan Kingdom's hero was already scary, but for a knight to be so full of admiration that his voice was shaking because he thought Cale was being helped by a god...
This was like a scene out of a horror movie for Cale.

The White Star did not even look at the teleportation magic circle forming behind him and continued to stare at Cale with an odd gaze.
Cale started to speak toward him.

"I have not received help from any god."

'Help from a god? Forget getting help, he currently had a headache because of the countdown toward the promised date from the God of Death!'

Cale noticed that the White Star's white mask looked perfect as if it had never split in the first place.
He continued to speak to the White Star in a serious tone.

"Did you think I wouldn't realize you are saying such nonsense in order to cause chaos within my allies while buying yourself time to run away?"
"That's right. I am planning on running away."

'...What? Why is he saying it so confidently?'

Cale could not say anything as the White Star was not acting like his usual arrogant self and instead was confidently admitting to running away.