He Saved Me

He Saved Me

“Keith stop!” I yelled as Keith, my ex-boyfriend, pushed me up against the brick wall behind the school. I felt the jagged brick wall scrape against my back. Keith was one of those guys that you either love or hate. No where in between. I used to love him, now I hate him. He realized  what a jerk he was.

Ever since I dumped Keith, he’s been harassing me, but today was different. Today I was really scared. Keith dragged me behind the school, involuntarily, when the last bell rang. He was really rough with me and held my arm tight as he pulled me away.

Keith just stared at me, licking his lips.

“Keith, what are you doing?” I asked, trying not to let my fear come out in my voice. Keith ignored my question and instead slammed his lips onto mine. My eyes went wide and I tried to push him off me, but he’s too strong. I move my head, so his lips slide off mine. He leans back gives me an angry look.

“Why'd you do that, babe?” Keith asked. I scoffed.

“Because I dumped you last week,” I scream at him. His brow furrows and his jaw stiffens. “And don’t call me ‘babe!’” I yell. Now Keith looks furious. He pushes my back harder against the wall with his hands on the backs of my thighs. His hands start to rise and find my butt. I feel him squeeze and I yelp.

“Keith,” I cry. Why is he such a jerk? Then I feel Keith’s hands slide under my skirt. His cold fingers crawling up my thighs. I try to push Keith away, but he stands his ground. I close my eyes and start to scream. Keith’s hand comes out from under my skirt and covers my mouth.

“Shh!” he spits out angrily. I mumble cuss words into his hand. Then his other hand, again, moves up my leg.

“Hey!” I hear a guys voice say from around the corner of the wall. Keith and I both whip our heads in that direction. I see Thomas Sangster. I don’t know him that well, but I talk to him once in a while. I let out a sigh of relief. “Keith! Get away from her!” Thomas yells, striding towards us. Before either Keith or I can register what’s happening, Thomas shoves Keith, to the ground.  I gaso under my breath. Thomas turns to me and grabs my arm, pulling me towards him. He leans in towards my ear.

“Run,” he whispers. I feel his warm breath on the side of my face. I give him a confused look. “Hurry,” Thomas says.

“What about you,” I ask, I can feel tears welling up in my eyes. I can see Keith getting up off the ground and I know that Thomas can’t win in a fight against him.

“I’ll be fine. Just go,” Thomas tells me. I stutter with my feet, but follow his orders. I run for my life. I need to find someone to help.

I turn the corner, to the front of the school and I see a group of football players. I notice a couple are some of Thomas friends. Some are my friends too. I sprint over to them.

“Oh, hey (Y/N),” my friend, Justin says. I grab his arm and he gives me a concerned look.

“I need help,” I say, with urgency in my voice. Now all the guys in the group are staring at me. I gesture for them to follow, then run back to where I left Thomas and Keith. I look back to check if they are following. They are, so I run faster. I feel my lungs burning and I can almost taste blood. I trudge on anyway.

I turn the corner to see Keith sitting on top of Thomas, punching the crap out of him. I shriek at the sight of the blood on Keith’s hands and Thomas face. Keith punches away. I stop in my tracks, stunned by the what’s happening. The guys who were following, ran past me and tried to pull Keith off Thomas. That’s when I came back down to Earth. I jumped into action and sat down next to Thomas. I laid his head in my lap and stroked his hair. I could hear Keith screaming and the guys restraining him. I tried to drown out the sounds and focus on Thomas. I pulled the sleeve of my shirt down over my hand and wiped away blood that was dripping from his nose. His eyes were barely open, one was bruised really bad. His nose was bleeding bad. I caressed his head and planted a gentle kiss on his forehead. I lay my forehead against his and close my eyes. I feel warm tears fall from my cheek to his.

“I’m so sorry,” I whisper. I let out a quiet sob. Then I feel a hand gently touch my cheek. I open my eyes to see Thomas’ weak hand wiping away a tear from my face.

“It’s not your fault,” Thomas whispers, quietly.

“Thank you,” I say. Then I stare into his eyes, that now have opened up a little more widely. Then I lean into his lips and kiss him. I feel fireworks as Thomas deepens the kiss.