He Flirts

He Flirts

Thomas and I walked together in our school hand in hand. I squeeze his hand and he squeezes back. We walk to my last class of the day, English. This meant that Thomas and I had to let go of each other. I looked at him and he looked at me. Then he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

“Love you,” I said, walking into my class.

“Love you too,” Thomas said, watching me walk away. Thomas walked to his next class. This is worst part of the day, since this is the only class Thomas and I don’t have together.

Once the bell rang, meaning school has ended, I got up, grabbing my bag and walked out of the class. I make my way down the hall to my locker. I try to go as fast as I can to get my coat and put away my books. I stuff my notebook and book into my bag, slinging it over my shoulder. I began to squeeze between the crowd of kids pushing their way out of the school. As I try to make my way to the spot Thomas and I always meet at after school, I see him talking to a cheerleader, Ashley. Since Thomas is the captain of the football team, most popular guy in school, and the hottest guy in school, girls are always all over him. On the other hand Ashley is the head cheerleader, most popular girl in school, and the prettiest girl in school. People shipped them for a long time, until Thomas and I started dating. Some people still think they are meant to be together. I can’t stand Ashley though. She acts better than everyone else. Plus she is always flirting with Thomas. I stomp over to them and sling my arm around Thomas’ shoulder.

“Hey love,” Thomas says.

“Hey,” I say back, kissing his cheek. I could tell Ashley was giving me a death glare. it was her trade mark. “So you ready to go, babe?” I asked Thomas. Twirling the ends of his hair. Thomas gave me a weird look then looked back at Ashley.

“Well, I was kind of talking to Ashley,” he said. I nodded.

“Okay…” I said. “Well, I’ll be right back,” I told Thomas. Did he really just tell me he wanted to talk to Ashley instead of me? He knows how much I dislike her. I walk into the girls bathroom and slide down one of the bare walls.

Does Thomas like her? Does she like him? Argh! I get up and walk out of the bathroom. I take a peek, from around the corner and see Thomas laughing uncontrollably at something Ashley must have said. I roll my eyes. I see Ashley stroke Thomas’ arm and he doesn’t even stop her. I scoff and stomp out the door of the school without Thomas. Whatever. Screw him. I get into my car, which is also Thomas’ ride and drive home.

On my way home my phone buzzes in my pocket. During a red light, I slip it out and check my phone.

It’s a text, from Thomas. Argh! I ignore it.

My phone buzzes at least a dozen more times on my car ride home. I try my hardest to ignore them. I start to feel guilty for ditching him and now ignoring him.

Once I get home, I throw myself on my bed. I lay face first in my pillow and let my tears fall from my eyes. I hear another buzz from my phone. This time I check it.

‘(Y/N), I don’t know why you are ignoring me or why you left me at school, but I’m sorry for what ever I have done. I need to talk to you in person, so I’m on my way to your house.’

I jump off my bed, hearing the sound of tires turning into my driveway. I run down the stairs, wiping away the dripping mascara on my cheeks. I hear a knock at the door, knowing it’s Thomas, I open it. Thomas envelopes me into a huge hug and I hug back. I lay my head on his shoulder as he holds me there.

“I’m sorry,” he whispers in my ear. I pull my head off his shoulder and look at him, confused. “What’s wrong, love?” Thomas asks.

“Don’t be sorry. You don’t even know why you're sorry,” I say.

“Then why am I sorry?” Thomas asks. I push away from him slightly, remembering him and Ashley together.

“Because I’m mad at you!” I say, kind of loud.

“But why, love?” Thomas asks.

“Don’t call me ‘love’ when I’m mad at you!” I shout in his face. A hurt look takes over his face. “You and Ashley were flirting, right in front of me!” I accuse Thomas.

“Bloody hell (Y/N)! I wasn’t flirting! I was having a conversation!” Thomas screamed. It hurt me that this was our first fight and Thomas didn’t even know why we were having. I feel a tear fall down my cheek. I turn and run up to my room. I hear Thomas following me. I get into my room and slam the door in his face. I slid down the door and buried my face in my knees. I hear Thomas’ fists banging on the other side of the door.

“(Y/N), please, (Y/N),” Thomas says, between bangs on the door. I hear Thomas begin to yell at himself.

“How can you be such an idiot, Thomas! You just ruined the best thing that ever happened to you!”I hear Thomas say, between cuss words. Thomas.

I stand and open the door to see a crying Thomas curled up against the wall. I’ve never seen him cry. He must not notice I’ve opened the door because he keep crying into his hands.

“Thomas?” I say. Thomas looks up at me. He nervously wipes away his tears. I sit next to Thomas on the floor. Then Thomas’ arms wrapped around my waist. He lifted me up and set me on his lap. I leaned my head back, on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry,” Thomas says.

“Don’t be,” I reply, turning my head to plant a kiss on his neck.

“I love you, (Y/N),” Thomas tells me.

“I love you too,” I say. Thomas lifts my hand and presses it to his soft lips.