The Little Girl Part 3

Thomas’ Pov

The rest of the drive is silent. I keep glancing over at (Y/N) and every time I do, I see her looking at her ring. I can’t help, but smile at her joy.

When we get back home, I can see Ashton through the window. She’s got her hands cupped around her eyes and she’s peering out the window. She must have heard our car coming. As we get closer, I see an ear to ear smile on her face. (Y/N) must notice too, because she has a wide grin as well. As I step out of the car, with the ice on my eye, Ashton comes running out the front door. She jumps into my arms and I catch her with the one arm that’s not holding ice to my face. Ashton smiles wildly until she sees my black eye. I can see the concern of Ashton’s face as she asked the question I was dreading to answer.

“Thomas, what happened?” she asked me, her head tilting the same way it did the first time I met her. I glance over at (Y/N), her eyes are wide as she begs me not to tell her. I nod slightly, enough for (Y/N) to see, but not enough for Ashton to notice. (Y/N) gives me a reassuring smile and I return it.

“Oh, umm… I fell,” I tell Ashton, I feel the urge to rub the back of my neck, the way I do when I get nervous. Ashton seems to buy it.

“Oh no, really?” she says, very dramatically. I smile at her and nod. Then (Y/N) walks over to us and takes Ashton from me, so I can get a break.

“Look Ashton,” she says, holding up her hand to show her daughter the ring I gave her less than an hour ago. Ashton grabs (Y/N)’s hand and pulls it closer to her face. Ashton’s face is hilarious. She looked mesmerized, but also kind of jealous. I figured this would happen. So I pulled out the other ring I bought for Ashton. It was a ring from some little girl store. The diamond was pink and there were flowers on the band.

“Ash,” I said, holding up the ring in front of her face. I could see that jealousy on her face wash away instantly as a grin replaced it. Her eyes widened as I laid the ring in her palm. She picked it up with her other hand, placing it on the same hand and same finger as (Y/N). I smile at her. Then I glance over at (Y/N), who has tears in her eyes.

“Ash, why don’t you go show Grandma and Grandpa your ring!” I say excitedly. She nods vigorously and then leaps out of (Y/N)’s arms. I see her skip inside to go show off her new piece of jewelry. I step closer to (Y/N), wiping away a stray tear that escaped her eye. She laid her head on my chest.

“You didn’t have to do that,” she told me. I pulled her closer to me, feeling the warmth of her body on mine.

“Yeah, I know,” I say, simply. She looks up at me, tears now streaming down her cheeks.

“Thank you,” she replies. I nod and smile. I have smiled more in the last 6 months than I have my entire life. (Y/N) just makes me so happy. It’s hard not to smile.

“No, I mean it. You saved me. If it weren’t for you, I don’t know what would have happened to me. You are the half of me that has been missing for a long time,” she admits to me. Her eyes shedding more and more tears by the second. I can feel her love for me. Each tear I wipe away another comes down her face. I can’t keep up. But I wouldn’t change this moment for anything. (Y/N) is my one and only. I love her and everything that comes with loving her, like the kids. Man, those kids. I don’t know what I would have done without these three in my life. I’ve never felt so complete, so happy, so loved. In a matter of months I will have a wife, a daughter, and a son. Considering that six months ago, I had none of those things, that’s pretty amazing.

Their eyes sparkle as I watch the two loves of my life walk down the aisle, hand in hand. Ashton in her pink dress she picked out, that flows when she spins, which is most of the time. I can even faintly see the pink ring I gave her almost a year ago. I thought it was the sweetest thing that she wanted to get a dress to match her dress. I love her so much. Then there’s (Y/N). Her whitish cream, lace dress that fitted her curves just right. The dress was tight throughout the dress, until the bottom, that’s where it flared. I’m mesmerized. As they approach me, I feel my knees begin to shake and my palms begin to sweat. Ashton takes (Y/N)’s flowers and stands next to Ava, who was the maid of honor. Then she walks over to me and faces me. I lean over to her ear.

“You love mesmerizing,” I admit. She smiles.

“You don’t look half bad yourself,” she jokes. I pull her closer to me, by her hips.

We said our ‘I do’s and then we kissed. It was the best kiss of my life. And it only gets better from here.

We turn away from each other and face the crowd of our family and friends. I grab Ashton’s hand and (Y/N) gets Newton from her mom and we walk down the aisle as a family. Because I didn’t just promise myself to (Y/N), I promised myself to her whole family. Our whole family. Starting right now I’m a dad and I couldn’t be happier.

(A/N):

Okay so a couple of people said they wanted me to do a part 3, so I did. I hope everyone likes it. Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments. Remember to request! Thanks a bunch!