Sick Day

Sick Day

I lay in my bed, curled up in a ball, with blankets folded around me. Even with the heat from the blankets, I still shiver.

My head is pounding and my nose is stuffed up. My throat burns and my body is cold and hot at the same time. I just want to stay home all day, but as I glance at my alarm clock I start to get up, out of bed, for work.

I groan loudly as a cool breeze replaces the comforting warmth that the blankets provided. My head spins as I stand on my two feet. I put my arms out to my sides to regain my balance. Then I quickly stumble over to my closet to pick out an outfit. As I riffle through my clothes, I feel two muscular arms wrap around my waist. I turn my head to see Thomas standing behind me, his arms wrapped around me. He leans in for a kiss, but I pull away. Thomas gives me a puppy dog face after rejecting him.

"I'm sick." I say, sounding really congested. I instantly start coughing. I glance back at Thomas, who has a concerned look on his face.

"Well, then you better get back into bed." he states, before I can say anything else, he forces me back into bed. I don't even try to stop him because I know that's not possible when it comes to my well being.

Thomas holds my hand as I peel back the covers. Then he helps me back into bed and I lay my head on my pillow. Thomas leans over, kissing my forehead. I can't help, but blush at how cute he is. He takes such good care of me.

As Thomas starts to turn around to leave the room, I grab his arm and gesture for him to lay with me. I lift the blankets, letting in a flood of cold air hit my body. My arms shiver as he crawls in bed next to me. My body turns to my back is facing his front. I feel Thomas' fingers running through my hair. My whole being concentrating on the movement of his hand. The way each finger glides through my hair. I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier each time his hand goes from the bottom of my hair to my scalp.

"Sweet dreams, beautiful." I hear Thomas' voice say, barely audible for me to even hear. That's the last thing I remember before my eyes fully shut.

I wake up, confused and still sick. I rub my eyes with my hands and stretch my arms into the air. I roll over onto my back, noticing Thomas isn't laying next to me like he was when I had fallen asleep.

Putting all my weight on my elbow, I prop myself up and glance around the room, looking for Thomas. He's still nowhere to be found. I'm about to get up and look for him, when I see his body leaning against the door-jamb. I give him a small smile before I sneeze.

"How're feeling, honey?" Thomas asks me, as I lay back down on the bed.

"Still sick." I retort. Thomas pushes his body off the door-jamb then walks over to the bed. He sits on the edge of it and feels my forehead like a mother would do to her child. I start giggling at how sweet and cute this is.

"Well, I have water boiling for tea and soup cooking on the stove. So whenever you feel like it, just yell. Okay?" Thomas tells me.

"Are you serious?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him. Thomas nods proudly.

"Oh, and I got you these." Thomas tells me as he grabs a bouquet of flowers off the dresser in our room, that I didn't even notice, and sets them in a vase on my bedside table. I smile at how charming this man is. He really knows how to treat me and how to make me feel better.