Campfire

CampfireI sit on the tailgate of my best friend's boyfriend's truck. I never really liked him, but I do love campfires out in the country. I glance around counting fifteen trucks and jeeps parked in the field where my best friend, Susan, and her boyfriend, Andy, throw gas on the pile of wood. I swing my legs back and forth as I watch one more truck drive over to our party. I glance around and then looked back at the mysterious driver. I'd been to all the parties they've had out here and I've met all the usual people that come. And all of them were already here. I shrugged and jumped off the truck, walking over to Susan. "Hey, who's that?" I ask her, pointing to the truck as it parks. We both watch in confusion and amazement as a very attractive blond guy steps out of the truck. We continue to stare as Andy walks over to the guy and does a stupid guy hand shake. My jaw practically drops to the floor at how cutely awkward he was. The blond guy was wearing blue jeans and a red flannel, like most of the guys here. "Who is that guy?" I ask Susan again, not taking my eyes off the gorgeous blond stranger. "I don't know, but you better get your hands on him before any other girl here does," Susan tells me. I laugh at her comment. Then she turns to me with a very serious look on her face. "I'm serious. If you don't, I'll do it for you," and with that Susan stammered toward the two boys, who were still talking. My eyes widened, but then I figured she wouldn't actually do it. Then I heard her yell Andy's name. That's when my legs kicked in and started chasing after her. "Susan! Wait!" I yelled, but she didn't wait, she kept going. I picked up my speed then right before she could talk, I slapped my hand over her mouth. She mumbled a couple words before I realized how close we were to the guys. They were right in front of us. I released my hand from Susan's mouth and she glared at me. "Hey, babe," Susan says to Andy then she leans over and kisses his lips. I just awkwardly stare off into space. Then Susan and Andy start full on making out. That's when I catch the blond guy's gaze. We both give each other an awkward smile before he sticks out his hand to introduce himself. I take it and shake it."I'm Thomas," he tells me in the most attractive British accent I've ever heard in my entire life."(Y/N)," I reply, letting go of his hand. We just stand there for a while as Susan and andy continue to make out."Umm... You wanna go get a drink?" Thomas asks, gesturing towards the party. I nod and we both start walking towards the beer cooler and the fire. I quickly glance back at Susan and Andy. They had broken apart and now Susan was smiling evilly at me. I knew she had planned that. Thomas grabs a beer for him and I. Then we go and sit on the tailgate of Andy's truck. I put the bottle to my lips and take a swig. At that same time, my favorite song, "Just Getting Started" by Jason Aldean, came on the radio. My head perked up and I set my beer on the truck. Then I hopped off the truck and ran to the radio in the truck, turning up the song. I bobbed my head to the beat. Before I knew it I was full out dancing like an idiot. I really do suck at dancing, but I couldn't help, but dance to this song. Then I started sing at the top of my lungs to the song. Not too long after I felt a pair of hands rest on my hips from behind.

(A/N): Part 2 coming soon!