Just Tell Me

Just Tell Me

I nudge my best friend, Thomas, trying to get him to tell me his secret, as we walk through a park.

“Please tell me!” I say, pushing him to spill his secret.

“I’m not telling you,” Thomas replies, nudging me back. I roll my eyes at him. Then I pop out my lip and pout.

“Please,” I beg.

“No, I’m not telling you who I like!” Thomas says, now his face is turning a deep red. I can’t tell if it’s from embarrassment or anger. I scoff at him. I then plop down in the grass next to a tree. Thomas does the same.

“Why not?” I ask, still pouting.

“Because,” Thomas blurts.

“Because, why?” I ask, I can tell he’s really annoyed now.

“(Y/N), no,” Thomas says bluntly. I sigh very dramatically, to show how sad that makes me. My head hangs, as I wait for the guilt to hit him and for him to give in, like he always does.

“I’m not telling you,” he says sternly. I just sigh sadly again, trying to make him feel bad.

“Okay, okay,” Thomas says, giving in, like always. I look up at him with a huge grin and Thomas sticks his tongue out at me. He knows he gave in, again. I always get my way.

“I’m not telling you her name, but I’ll tell you what she’s like,” Thomas says, blushing madly. I smile wildly.

“She’s beautiful and so smart,” Thomas begins, he looks down at his lap as he describes his mystery girl. “She doesn’t care what other people think,” Thomas continues, smiling flirtatiously. I giggle at his lovey dovey smile.

“She mesmerizes me. Everytime I think I figure her out, she changes and she’s left a mystery again,” Thomas says. I smile at Thomas, seeing how in love he must be.

“What does she look like?” I ask, curious if I know this girl. Thomas looks at me nervously. Then he blushes a bright crimson.

“Umm… She’s got brown hair that hits her shoulders or atleast I think it does, she always has it up. Her eyes, oh man her eyes, they are like the most amazing mixture of blue and green. My heart melts every time I see them,” Thomas says, looking me straight in the eyes. Why is he staring at me like that? I think to myself. Then Thomas takes both of my hands.

“Do you really want to know who she is?” Thomas asks, squeezing my hands. I nod, not able to say anything. Then he leans over to my ear and begins to whisper.

“She is…” Thomas begins. The he stops and I hear Thomas groan a bit, he sounds in pain. I move my head to see why. Thomas has his hand covering his nose. And I see some boys chuckling as they retrieve a ball rolling past Thomas and I. I put my hand on Thomas’ knee.

“What happened?” I asked, really confused.

“Those kids just hit me in the face with their ball,” Thomas snorts angrily. Now I can see some blood dripping from his nose as he pulls out his handkerchief. I try to hold back my giggles, but I can’t any longer. I start laughing uncontrollably. Thomas just rolls his eyes at me.

“Stop laughing! It’s not funny,” he says turning red. I just laugh harder. Then Thomas starts laughing too. Finally I hold back anymore laughs I have left and so does Thomas. His nose has stopped bleeding now so I bring up our conversation again.

“So, your mystery girl,” I say, nudging my lightly. He just rolls his eyes at me.

“No, I’m not telling you anymore. The moment was ruined,” Thomas states, looking away, avoiding eye contact with me. What moment? What’s he talking about?

“Just tell me!” I say. Smacking his arm lightly and playfully. He turns his head quickly and sharply, staring daggers at me. Then I see him leaning in again, but now he isn’t leaning towards my ear, he’s leaning towards my lips. Is he going to kiss me? Do you I want him to kiss me? Who am I kidding, of course I do. I lean in too. Closing my, waiting for his lips to touch mine. When they do, it’s different than I thought it would be. It’s amazing, he’s amazing. Our lips move in sync as he kisses me not too rough, but not gentle. I smile into the kiss, realizing he was talking about me the whole time. I pull away, placing my forehead against his. I look into his eyes and wait for him to say something. When he doesn’t, I speak up.

“So, it’s me,” I whisper, smiling madly. I feel my face heat up and a blush came over my face. He kisses my cheek, then leans over to my ear.

“It’s always been you,” Thomas whispers. I feeling his warm breath on my ear. It gives me chills. Then he kisses my ear gently. I lay my head on his muscular chest and just stay there for what feels like forever.