Can You Teach Me How To Dance

“Hey, umm… (Y/N), can I ask you something?” Thomas asks. I look up from my phone and nod.

“Shoot,” I say.

“So, I was gonna ask this girl out, to go dancing, but I don’t know how to… You know dance,” Thomas tells me. “I was wondering if you could teach me,” Thomas said. A smile creeped onto my face.

“Yeah, I’d love to!” I say, excitedly. I hop off the couch and grab Thomas hands, pulling him to his feet. I drag Thomas into the dining room, where there is a little more space. I lay my left hand on his shoulder and rest my other hand in his. Thomas holds my hand in his, but hangs his other hand by his side. I take my hand off his shoulder and grab his hand, placing his hand on my hip. Then I put my hand back on his shoulder.

“Alright, first step forward 2 times, then 3 steps backward,” Thomas does what he’s told and I walk backwards 2 steps. Then we switch. “Good job, Tommy!” I practically yell. Yup, that’s how excited I am.

“Okay, then do a quarter turn,” I instruct Thomas. I lead him turning 90 degrees. I lead him, since he doesn’t know exactly what to do.

“Then 2 steps again forward and 2 steps backward. Just like the first time,” I tell Thomas. He does what I tell him.

“Okay,” Thomas says, staring at his feet.

“Hey, look up. When you look down it makes you mess up,” I tell Thomas. He looks up and smiles. I return the smile. “Okay, now I’m gonna teach you the half turn,” I tell Thomas. I lead Thomas as I do a half turn.

Finally after about an hour of this, Thomas was dancing like a pro. Instead of me leading, Thomas took charge and was dancing me around the store.

“Thomas, you are amazing!” I say.

“Well, I learned from the best,” Thomas said. I giggled.

“Aww! That’s sweet,” I began. Thomas and I kept dancing around the room. “So, who is this girl you are going to ask out?” I ask Thomas, looking him in the eyes. Thomas lifted his arm and spun me under his arm.

“Umm… You know… Just a girl,” Thomas stutters. My eyes widen at his embarrassment. Thomas never gets embarrassed.

“Thomas Brodie Sangster are you embarrassed?” I say, the surprise coming out in my voice. Thomas looks down at his feet and then starts to mess up a bit. I can tell he’s nervous now.

“No…” Thomas says, under his breath.

“Come on, please tell me!” I say. Trying to get him back into the right steps.

“Why do I have to tell you?” Thomas asks, pouting like a dork.

“Because, I’m your best friend. And best friends tell each other everything,” I say. Then I echo the word everything.

“Fine, but don’t laugh,” Thomas said quietly. I grin, excitedly. “It’s… You,” Thomas tells me. My eyes widen and my jaw drops.

“What?” I ask, shocked.

“(Y/N), would you like to go out with me?” Thomas asks me. My eyes light up and I wrap my arms around his neck as we continue to sway back and forth. I never want to let go of him.