Pregnant Too Young

Pregnant Too Young

Thomas and I sat in his car, in my parent’s driveway. I felt like crying. This is too much.

“Thomas, I’m so sorry,” I blurt. My voice cracks and I feel myself on the edge of tears. The lump in my throat grows and all I want is to turn back time.

“It’s not your fault. It’s mine, but you know we can’t have this child. We’re both going to college at the end of the summer. We were just about to start our lives,” Thomas says. He sighs, putting his head in his hands on the steering wheel.

“Thomas…” I say, knowing what he means. “I...I don’t know if I can do that,” I say, as a feeling of hurt and pain hit me like a punch to the stomach.

“(Y/N), we have to. It’s the only way,” Thomas tries to convince me. I can’t take it anymore. The tears begin to fall. “Love, please don’t cry. It’ll be like it never happened. I promise this is the best thing we can do,” Thomas tells me, slinging his arm around my waist. I can’t speak. So, I just nod. Then I open the door and walk out. I run up to my room and flop on my bed, crying.

I wake up the next morning and get ready to go the doctor’s office.

I walk into the abortion clinic, by myself. I fold my arms over my chest, feeling a coolness as I walk in. As I walk up to the front desk I feel the lump in my throat from last night grow.

“What’s your name, Miss?” the woman at the front desk asks.

“(Y/F/N)” I tell her. She types something into her computer.

“Alright, you can take a seat. The doctor should be out in 5 minutes,” she explains. I just nod, unable to say anything. My worst nightmare is coming true. I feel horrible. As if on cue, my phone rings, pulling me out of my thoughts and feelings. I answer it after seeing that it was Thomas calling.

“(Y/N)?” Thomas said, with urgency in his voice.

“Thomas? What’s wrong?” I ask, hearing how scared Thomas sounded.

“Are you… There?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’m just waiting for the doctor to come out,” I explain. I hear Thomas let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank God! (Y/N), I was wrong. We can’t do this. I think we should have this baby... I’ll be there for you through it all. I just don’t want you to have to do this. Please, just come outside,” Thomas tells me. I feel warm tears falling from my eyes. I stand up and start to walk out of the building. A smile finding it’s way onto my face.

“Miss. (Y/L/N), where are you going?” the woman from the counter asks.

“I’ve reconsidered,” I tell her. Before I turn around to leave, I see a smile creep onto the woman’s face. I run out and then I see Thomas. He’s on one knee in front of me. Thomas is holding up a ring, in a small velvet box.

“(Y/N), I’m sorry for everything, but I do love you. All I want is for you to be happy. If that means keeping this baby and us starting our life a little early, then I’m all in… (Y/N) will you marry me?” Thomas asks. I take his face in my hands and pull him up to my height.  Then I press my lips against his. When I pull away, I see a tear falling down Thomas’ cheek. I wip eit away with my thumb.

“Why are you crying?” I ask him.

“I’m so happy that I got here in time. I thought I was too late,” Thomas explains. I peck his lips one more time. Then Thomas tilts his head to the side, giving me a confused look. “Wait, is that a yes then?” he asks. I nod my head.

“Yes! Of course!” I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. Thomas just smiles, widely.