Dinner Date

Dinner Date

I moved back to London yesterday. I was born in London, but when my dad was transferred to America when I was 10 I had to leave. Now I’m back. I didn’t realize how much I missed it here until I got back. I decide to take a walk and visit my old favorite diner. My family and I used to go here every Sunday for lunch.

I walk into the small diner and I turn in a circle, noticing not much has changed. I took a seat at one of the booths. I smiled as I pictured my family and I sitting here on my 8th birthday.

I order a sandwich and tea. I eat my sandwich and sip my tea. Everything seems normal until I hear a voice.

“(Y/N)? (Y/F/N)?” I hear from behind me. I turn slowly, not recognizing the voice. I see a blond guy who looks like he’s in his mid-twenties. His brown eyes widen as he sees me. “Y/N!” he screeches. Oh my God! Thomas Sangster!

“Thomas!” I scream. I jump out of the booth and leap into his arms. Thomas was my best friend before I left for America. I hold him tight in my embrace. Then I pull away to get a better look at him.

He is very attractive now. His blond hair sways across his forehead just above his brown eyes, that sparkle as I stare into them.

“How have you been?” Thomas asks, interrupting my inspection of his handsome features.

“Great, I just moved back here,” I tell Thomas. His eyes light up even more when I tell him the news.

“Really?!” he says. I nod.

“How about you?” I ask.

“Pretty good,” Thomas tells me. Thomas sits on the other side of the booth. I take a seat myself. He leans his elbows on the table and lays his chin in his hands. We just watch each other for a while, like we aren’t sure if this is really happening. We haven’t talked in like 10 years and then we run into each other at my favorite diner.

“So, you still come here,” I say a little more than ask.

“Yeah, everyday for lunch. Ever since you left, I’ve been coming here everyday, knowing that if, one day, you did come back, this is where you’d be,” Thomas says, with a huge smile on his face. Oh my God. He’s been waiting for me all these years. Those words hit me like a bullet to the heart. Thomas has been coming here to wait for me. I can’t help, but smile in response to his cuteness.

“Thomas…” I say, trailing off. Then Thomas cuts in, before I can continue. Thank God he did. I didn’t know what I was going to say.

“(Y/N), I’ve had a crush on you, since, well, since you left. I missed you like crazy. I always wanted to call or email or somehow communicate with you, but I was too… Too afraid. I’ve seriously fallen in love with you, even though I haven’t seen you in like 10 years,” Thomas confesses. Thomas pretty much was ranting. He didn’t breath at all when he tells me this. He does it all in one breath. So now he’s panting.

“Thomas…” I say, but Thomas cuts me off again.

“(Y/N), I’m sorry if I just ruined any chance at a friendship, but I thought that you needed to know. Plus I kind of got caught up in the moment,” Thomas says, shyly. He starts to rub the back of his neck nervously, waiting for my response. I stand up, in between the table and the booth, lean over the table and peck his lips.

“I like you too,” I say. Pecking his lips once again.

(A/N): Thanks to @webkinzbunny for requesting! I hope everyone liked it. Thanks for all the comments, reads, and votes. I can’t believe how many I have! It’s crazy!

Thanks a bunch!