The Dare

The Dare

Thomas Pov

“Dude, I’m not doing that!” I tell my friend, Dylan. Dylan gives me an evil smirk and laughs mockingly.

“You have to,” Dylan says.

“Dyl, seriously, I can’t do that. What if (Y/N) doesn’t like me back,” I say. Dylan’s still laughing. I roll my eyes at him.

“You have to ask her, man. It’s a dare!” Dylan says.

“Fine,” I say, then storm out of the house, to go to my neighbor’s house, who happens to be my best friend and crush. I knock on (Y/N)’s front door. Then I wait for her to answer the door. I pace up and down her front steps. I can feel my palms begin to sweat and my knees begin to shake. I hear the door creak open. I whip my head around to see (Y/N) standing in the open door, smiling.

“Hey,” she says, stepping out onto her porch. I walk back up on the porch and follow her over to the porch swing. I sit next to (Y/N), then kick the ground, to swing.

“So… Umm… Why’d you come over?” (Y/N) asks. I feel my face turn a bright red.

“Umm… I came to ask you something,” I tell her. (Y/N) nods her head, telling me to continue.

“Okay, so I was wondering of you… Umm… Maybe wanted to go out sometime,” I asked nervously. I have had a huge crush on (Y/N) since, well, forever. Dylan has always tried to get me to tell her, but I was always too scared. Then Dylan and I started playing truth or dare. Now here I am, asking (Y/N) out.

“Really?” she asks. I nod my head, nervously, dropping my head, so there’s no awkward eye contact. “Yeah, I’d love to,” (Y/N) says with a smile plastered on her face. I look up at her, with shock on my face.

“Are you serious?” I ask, a smile creeping on my face.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun,” she says. (Y/N) is so cool, especially about this kind of stuff. I give her a quick hug, then pull away, nervously.

“Well, I better get back home. Dylan’s waiting for me,” I tell (Y/N).

“Wait why’d you come ask me now, when Dylan was over at your house?” (Y/N) asks, tilting her head slightly to the left.

“Oh, well Dylan had been bugging me to ask you and then well he was over he dared me to so I came over now,” I explained to (Y/N), not realizing how horrible it sounded, until it came out of my mouth. I saw the hurt on (Y/N)’s face as I said that. I instantly felt bad.

“(Y/N), I’m so sorry. That’s not what really happened,” I try to explain. Her face drops then she stands and walks back into her house.

“Wait! (Y/N)! Please!” I yell, trying to get her attention. She turns around, standing in the doorway. I can see tears in her eyes.

“Why? So you can hurt me more. I can’t believe you, Thomas! I thought you were my friend!” (Y/N) yelled. Then she turned back around and went inside, slamming the door shut, in my face. I feel horrible. What do I do now? I sit on (Y/N)’s front steps for about ten minutes. Then I decide to go back home and ask Dylan what to do.

I open the front door of my house and then flop on the couch, next to Dylan.

“Dude, what happened?” Dylan asked.

“She said yes, then I stupidly told her you dared me to ask her out,” I explain to Dylan.

“Why’d you do that?!” Dylan asked a little louder than he should’ve. He looks at me with a face that says ‘what is your problem idiot’.

“Because she asked why I was asking her out now,” I explain, facepalming myself. Why am I so stupid? I can’t believe I told (Y/N) it was a dare.

“Well that was a stupid move,” Dylan told me.

“I know!” I say, flopping face first on to the pillow on the couch.

“I think you should talk to her about this,” Dylan says after a long, awkward silence.

“Dyl,” I began, looking up at him, smugly. “Don’t you think I tried that!” I glance over at Dylan. He looks like he has a plan.

I stand outside of (Y/N)’s window, in the dead of night. I can barely see my hand in front of my face. The moon and stars being the only light to show me the way. I climbed the tree that goes up the side of her house and ends at the top of her house. I climb until I am at (Y/N)’s window. I knock quietly on her large window. I see a silhouette in the darkness, sit up and walk out of her bed and over to the window. (Y/N) slowly opens the window and as she does the moonlight dances on her face.

“(Y/N), I’m so sorry! I promise you I’ve been wanting to ask you out since we pretty much met,” I try to convince (Y/N). Her eyes don’t meet mine the entire time I talk. I can see the tears falling down her face and the moonlight making each one sparkle.

“I’m so sorry (Y/N)! I really, truly am,” I tell (Y/N). She looks into my eyes and I see her pain. I see the redness in her eyes, that tells me she’s been crying all night. It kills me inside to know I caused that. I wipe away a couple tears that fall down her cheeks.

“I forgive you,” (Y/N) says, quietly. My eyes light up at her words.

“Really?” I ask, not knowing if she was really forgiving me

“Yes, but it still hurt. You know I really like you and I thought you liked me too, until you did what you did,” (Y/N) tells me. I lay my hand on her cheek and stroke it slightly.

“It kills me that I hurt you and I’ve never been more ashamed of myself for it,” I admit to (Y/N). I pull her face to mine and attach her lips with mine. I smile slightly into the kiss. I deepen the kiss by holding her face closer to mine. Then I feel (Y/N)’s hands get tangled in my hair. I can’t get enough of her. I want her so much, but she pulls away.

“Thomas, I’m sorry I was such a jerk about the whole dare thing,” (Y/N) tells me. I hold her face in my hands and pull her face closer.

“Don’t be. I’m the sorry one,” I tell her. Then I kiss her passionately, again.