Stay Strong

Stay Strong

Thomas Pov

(Y/N) lay on her death bed. I hold her hand in my own. I hear sobs for the kids behind me. I try to stay strong for them, but it’s too hard. I lay my lips on her knuckles.

“It’s time,” she whispers. I nod and lean down, close to her face. I plant my lips on hers. I feel her lips move against mine. At that moment I feel like my life flashes before my eyes. I see her again, for the first time. I see her again at high school. The day that I walked up to her and asked her to go out with me. I see the smile on her face grow. I gonna miss her. I can’t just let her go, even though I know she can’t stay much longer.

I pull away and see that (Y/N)’s eyes are slowly getting heavier. I turn to see the kids huddled together, crying on each other’s shoulders.

“Come here,” I tell them. My little girl and my boy come over to me. Piper curled up in my lap. I held her close. Bentley pulled up a chair next to me and sat with his hands on top of mine and (Y/N). Bentley is 16 and Piper is 10. They are my whole life. My family is my whole world. I hate the fact that I’m losing one part of my family. It’s gonna be really hard. I don’t know if I can get through it.

“Bentley,” (Y/N) whispered weakly. Bentley leans over to (Y/N) and kisses her forehead.

“Yeah Mum,” he says.

“I need you to help Dad take care of your sister,” (Y/N) tells him. Bentley nods and I see him run his fingers through his blond hair. When he did that, I could see that there were tears in his eyes.

“I promise Mum,” Bentley says, wiping away a few stray tears. I sling my arm around him and squeeze his shoulder.

“And my sweet, little Piper,” (Y/N) says. Her voice cracks when she says Piper’s name. “I want you to know that whatever happens I will always be in your heart. Your beautiful, strong heart,” (Y/N) says. Then she lift her hands up to her neck, unclasping her necklace. Then she extends her arm for Piper to take it. She does and I put it on for her. “My momma gave me that for my 15th birthday and now it’s yours,” (Y/N) says. I feel a tear fall down my cheek and fall onto Piper’s head.

“Thank you mommy,” Piper says, her voice trying to sound excited, but lacking happiness.

“Thomas,” (Y/N) says weakly.

“Yes, love,” I say. Laying my hand back on top of her’s.

“I need you to stay strong. Not for me. Not for you, but for the kids. I need you to stay strong for them. They need someone to look up to. And if someday you find someone knew, I won’t be mad, I won’t be sad. I’ll be happy. As long as you three are happy, I will always be happy,” (Y/N) explains. I hear Piper’s gasping sobs from my arms. I look over at Bentley and see his face in his hands and his chest bouncing as he bawls. I can’t take it anymore. My tears fall. Fall is actually an understatement. My tears stream down my cheeks. I hold (Y/N)’s hand tighter. I pull Piper closer to me. And then I feel Bentley’s head lay on my shoulder.

“I love you, my beautiful family,” (Y/N) says as her eyes flutter shut and her head drops to the pillow. I hear Piper shriek in my arms and my shoulder that Bentley is laying on gets a lot wetter. I squeeze (Y/N)’s hand one more time and then I pick Piper up and carry her out of the room. I watch as Bentley sits in the room with his mother, alone. He leans over and hugs her tight. I see body quake as he cries on top of her. It breaks my heart to watch my kids go through so much pain. I just hope that they know that now she’s not miserable. Now she’s somewhat happy. (Y/N) isn’t going through pain, constant, agonizing pain like she has been for years. Now her pain is gone.