Newt: Meeting His Parents Part 2

(Y/N) Pov

Hazel. I knew she looked familiar as she embraced Newt. Or should I say Levi. I can’t believe it didn’t come back to me until now. Newt is Levi.

Hazel holds me in her embrace for a long time. I have missed her so much.

“Wait, what’s going on?” I hear Newt ask. I pull away from Hazel and look at him, then back at her. She give me a nod. I guess she wants me to explain.

“Newt… Levi… We were best friends… Before the flare,” I try to explain. “Our families were in a sort of tribe together after the sun flares hit,” I tell Newt.

“(Y/N)... Are you serious?” Newt asks. I nod my head. He glances at his mom, she nods too.  “So, we’ve met before the maze?” Newt asks.

“Yeah. We were so young. And you’ve changed so much, I guess I forgot about you,” I admit to him.

“What happened to your parents and your brother?” Hazel asks, laying her hand on my shoulder.

“My parents were both hit with a dart… And my brother abandoned me. The whole tribe did. They thought I was evil since I didn’t die when I was hit with a dart. They all left me, alone with dead corpses. Finally, these people found me and they risked their lives to bring me to Wicked,” I tell Hazel. I feel my face turn red as I realize I was rambling and that a couple tears fell from my eyes. Then I feel Newt’s hand on my face, wiping the tears away.

“I’m so sorry,” Hazel says, giving Newt a kind of weird look. I wonder what that’s about.

Then questions start popping in my head as the memory of Levi comes back. I turn to Hazel. “Where did you guys go… You know when the they started shooting…” I trail off.

“I knew that the people in that berg were up to no good. So I tried to convince Dan to leave with the kids and I. He refused, so I took Levi and Sam and ran…” she trails off. And I know why. Sam. “Did she make it?” she asks. I glance over at Newt, giving him a confused look.

“Who?” Newt asks.

“Sam… Your sister,” Hazel replies. Her eyes filling with tear as she realizes her son doesn’t even remember his own sister.

“I-I have a s-sister,” Newt stutters.

“Yes, Levi. Not only do you have a sister, she was immune, like you. Wicked took her like they did you. That was the worst day of my life… I lost my two babies all in one day…” she trails off as her eyes sheds a couple tears.

“Mom… What happened, you know, that day?” Newt asks. Hazel clears her throat after wiping away a stray tear from her cheek.

“When the berg came, I took you and your sister and ran. We only made it about a mile or so before we ran into another berg. It came down after seeing us. I tried to hide you two, but they had already seen us. They tried to shoot us with the darts, but none of us fell. We all lived through it. So they brought us all to Wicked. Then after an hour of testing you two, they threw me out and kept you and your sister,” Hazel explained. Tears streamed down her face as she spoke. Her voice became hoarse and scratchy. Once she finished talking, Newt wrapped his long, muscular arms around her.

“It’s okay, Mom. I’m here now,” he tells her, trying to comfort her. It must work because she stops sobbing.

“Yes… Yes, you are and I’m thankful for that,” she says, smiling now. “So, do you know if Sam made it?” Hazel asks. Newt turns to me and I shrug.

“I’m sorry Mom. I don’t know,” Newt tells her. She nods, letting her head fall.

“Well,” Hazel says, wiping away a couple more tears. She tried to perk herself up as she straightens her skirt. “Levi, Deedee, why don’t you come inside!” she says, cheerfully. Then she practically skips off into the house. I nod and glance over at Newt. I feel him grab my hand in his and intertwine our fingers. I glance over at Newt and he smiles. Then out of nowhere he kisses my cheek. I’m stunned for a moment or two.

“Thank you for coming, Deedee,” he chuckles. Connecting his lips to my jawline.

“Newt…” I begin to say, but am cut off by Newt.

“I always thought you looked familiar to me. I guess I always knew that I knew you before the maze. I knew you as… Deedee,” Newt tells me.

“Newt…” he interrupts me again, but not with words. His rough lips press against mine. He moves his mouth like he’s done this thousands of times. Which I know he hasn’t because he told me he hasn’t had his first kiss, that he knows of. I start to kiss back and he pulls me closer to his muscular body. I pull away, out of breath and gasp for air. I open my mouth to say something, but then I hear Hazel call for us. Newt jogs into the small house. I just stand out, in the doorway for a while, stunned. Then Newt turns around and smirks.

“You coming?” he asks. I shake my head, trying to come out of my trance and then jog after him.

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading! I don’t know if I should do a part 3 or not, so leave a comment to tell me what you think. And don’t be afraid to leave ideas for part 3 too. Also thanks for all the reads, comments, and votes! I really do appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!

101 Thomas Brodie Sangster Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें