Newt: Alone

Newt: Alone

Newt Pov

(Y/N) and I broke up about 3 week ago. I hate myself for being the reason she left. I know it’s all my fault. I wasn’t around enough. I was always working. I never spent enough time with her.

Tonight is like every other night. I watch her as she drinks her right mind and sensibility away. Her hands are all over all the other guys. I know that she knows I’m watching her. That’s why she does this every night. (Y/N) drinks too much then does something that she’ll regret the next day.

Tonight I don’t want that to happen, but it’s already too late. I don’t want to cause her sadness, misery, or regretfulness tomorrow, but it looks like I already have. All I want is (Y/N) back. I sit up straight against the log I’m leaning on. Then I take a swig of Gally’s drink.

“Newt, whatcha looking at?” I hear a voice ask. I turn my head to see Thomas, taking a seat next to me.

“(Y/N),” I blurt out. I sigh and lean my elbows on my knees.

“You want her back, don’t you,” Thomas says.

“More than anything in the world,” I admit to Thomas.

“Why don’t you do something about it?” Thomas asks me.

“Because I… I broke her heart. Now she probably hates me,” I pause, not wanting to say what I’m thinking, but I know I should say it anyway. “(Y/N) left me. It was her choice,” I say, dropping my head.

“Well, even if that’s true, I still think you should talk to her. She deserves to know how you feel,” Thomas says, gesturing towards (Y/N) as she scoots closer to Minho. Minho knows how (Y/N) gets, so he tries to stay away when she gets this way, but sometimes, like tonight, she doesn’t stay away from him. (Y/N) picks a new guy every night. Tonight it’s Minho.

“I… I wish it was that easy,” I stutter. Thomas shoves me a bit, kind of playfully.

“It is that easy!” he yells. Then he stands up and walks away.

I just stare at her. I watch her hop onto Minho’s lap. I watch Minho’s eyes widen and try to push her off, but she doesn’t budge. (Y/N) then moves closer to his face, puckering his her lips at him. Minho backs away, so far that he falls off the log. (Y/N) comes down with him, since she was on top of him. I wince as I see (Y/N) land right on top of Minho.

Okay I’m gonna do it. I stand up, off the log and make my way over to (Y/N) and Minho. Minho sees me first. His eyes fill with apology.

“Newt! I’m so sorry, dude…” I cut him off.

“Minho, it’s fine,” then I turn to (Y/N). She turned her head as soon as Minho said my name. “(Y/N), I need to talk to you,” I say, putting out my hand for her to take. (Y/N) doesn’t take my hand, but she does roll off Minho. I can see his eyes change from apologetic to relived. (Y/N) looks me up and down then nods her head slowly, giving me an evil eye. I help her up. (Y/N) stumbles a bit at first, but finally catches her balance. I lead her to the deadheads. I help her sit against a tree, as I begin to talk.

“(Y/N), I miss you. I miss holding you. I miss kissing you. And I hate watching you throw yourself at other guys…” I fall to my knees and take her hands in mine. “I need you back, (Y/N),” I kiss her hands and squeeze them tight. “Please,” I whisper into her hands.

“Newt…” (Y/N)’s eyes cleared as if seeing me for the first time. Her eyes looked hurt, but yet so relieved, like she wanted to this to happen. Like everyday since we broke up, she was hoping this would happen.

“(Y/N), please, all I want is to be your’s again,” I say, unable to say anything else. (Y/N) stares at me for a while, then I leans closer to her. I watch her eyes slowly shut as my lips touch hers.

“I’m sorry for everything,” I tell her after pulling away to breath.

“Don’t be. Let’s just forget it, okay,” (Y/N) says. I nod and lean in again. “But I don’t think I can do this again. Can we just be friends for now. Maybe when we find a way out of here and get into the real world… Maybe we can start over…” she stutters. I look down at my lap, like an idiot. Then I just nod.

“Yeah, of course. Just know that I’ll always be here and I’ll always love you,” I tell her, looking her in the eye.

“I love you too,” (Y/N) says, then she gets up and stumbles away. I don’t know why, but I smile as she walks away. I just watch her walk away.