Kaya's Birthday

Kaya's Birthday

I hurry up and get dresses for my best friend, Kaya’s, birthday party. I put on a cute floral skater dress with spaghetti straps. I glance at myself in the mirror before quickly curling my hair and putting on some lip gloss. I walk out of my room to see the apartment full of drinks, food, and loud music. I see Kaya walk out of her room and I run over to her. I grab her forearms, examining her.

“You look gorgeous birthday girl!” I squeal.

“You too best friend of the birthday girl!” she squeals back.

An hour later our apartment is filled with people. Some I knew, but most I didn’t. I just ignored the fact that there were dozens of strangers in my apartment. It was Kaya’s birthday, so I can’t complain.

After about another 20 minutes I spot the Maze Runner cast walk into our apartment. They consisted of Dylan O’brien, Will Poulter, Ki Hong Lee, and most importantly Thomas Brodie Sangster. Ever since Thomas was in Love Actually, I’ve been in love with him. And when Kaya got casted in the Maze Runner, I practically died. Now, Thomas and the gang have entered my home. I feel like throwing up.

I stand on my tip toes, trying to find Kaya. Luckily she’s wearing heels, so it’s easy for me to spot her. I scramble through the crowd of people to her. I grab Kaya by the shoulders and shake her vigorously. Kaya spins around with an annoyed and confused look on her face.

“What?!” Kaya yells over the blaring music.

“You invited Thomas!” I yell back, gesturing towards Dylan, Will, Ki, and Thomas all talking in the middle of the room.

“Yeah, he’s my friend. And plus it would have been awkward if I invited the rest of the cast and not him,” Kaya states. I scoff and roll my eyes. “Oh, yeah, that’s right you have a ginormo crush on Thomas!” Kaya yells a little too loudly.

My eyes widen as she grabs my arm and pulls me in his direction.

“What are you doing?!” I scream, trying to loosen her grip, but it’s no use. Her hand is gripped tightly around my wrist.

“Don’t be a baby,” Kaya whines.

“Kaya, please, don’t do this!” I say, trying to dig my heels into the floor.

“Come on, stubborn idiot!” Kaya says between her gritted teeth. At that point I know I have no chance. I give up and go along with Kaya devious plan.

Kaya drags me over to the group of guys.

“Hey boys!” she yells, letting go of my arm and opening her arms for them to hug her. They do and I just stand there awkwardly until they all pull away. Then Kaya turns to me and pulls me into the circle of friends and co-workers.

“Hey you guys this is (Y/N), my best friend,” Kaya says, slinging her arm around my shoulders. I give them a sweet smile and they all return it.

“Hi (Y/N),” Dylan says. “I’m Dylan, that’s Ki, Will, and Thomas,” I want to say ‘yeah I know’, but I don’t want to sound weird and stalkerish.

“Hey,” I say. After a while of the guys and Kaya talking, all they guys, but Thomas leave and it’s just Thomas, Kaya, and I talking. Except Thomas and I don’t say much, it’s mostly Kaya blabbing, but I don’t mind. I watch as Kaya just talks on and on. After a while I glance over at Thomas and see that he’s been staring at me. Kaya must notice too because she grins like an idiot.

“You two obviously like each other so just admit it already!” Kaya blurts, throwing her hands in the air. My eyes widen and Thomas’ face turns a new shade of red. Then Kaya walks away. Thomas rubs the back of his neck and look at his shoes.

“(Y/N)?” Thomas says, looking up at me.

“Yes?” I say, smiling nervously. Then before I know it Thomas’ hand is cupping my cheek. He pulls me closer to him. His lips connect with mine and I almost pass out. I can’t believe my celebrity crush is actually kissing me.

He pulls away and looks me in the eyes.

“I do really like you,” Thomas tells me. I just give him a cheeky grin and throw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

(A/N): I’d just like to say Happy Birthday to Kaya Scodelario! And thanks everyone for all the reads, comments, and votes!

Thanks a bunch!