Ki Hong Lee's Wedding

“(Y/N), are you going to Ki’s wedding tomorrow?” Thomas asks me whilst he rubs the back of his neck, kind of nervously. A smile appears on my face at the thought of Ki, my best friend, getting married.

“Yes! I’m so excited!” I announce. I feel myself getting all giddy. Thomas chuckles at my excitement. “Why do you ask?” I say, after a long silence of just staring at each other.

“Cause… Umm… I was gonna ask you if you would want to be my date… You know if you wanna,” Thomas asked, his face turning a bright shade of red.

“Really? Like a real date?” I asked. I didn’t realize Thomas liked me that way. I never really talked one on one with him on set of The Scorch Trials, but I did always see him staring at me. Thomas’ face turned even redder and he began to look nervous.

“Yeah, but I get it if you don’t want to…” Thomas trailed off.

“No, no! I’d love to, it’s just I didn’t know you felt this way,” I explain. Thomas just smiles.

I hear a knock at my door, so I scurry down the stairs in my mid-thigh length royal blue lace dress, that has a little bit of flaring ruffle at the bottom. I quickly glance down to check myself before opening the door. I smirk at my matching royal blue flats. Then I reach out, opening the front door. My lips curl up into a small smile as I see Thomas on the other side of the door. He has an even bigger smile on his face.

“You look… Wow!” I chuckle at his loss of words.

“Shall we go?” I say. Thomas nods, hooking my arm with his own. Thomas opens the door of the car for me, like the gentleman he is.

I feel a tear trickle down my face as I see Ki and his now wife, Hayoung, walk down the aisle. They have huge smiles on their faces and I yearn to feel that feeling. The feeling to have just been married and be as happy as Ki and Hayoung look.

Thomas must have been watching me because he wipes away my stray tear, then he grabs my hand and squeezes it. Then I feel him lean down to my ear, his warm breath on the side of my face.

“Are you okay, love?” Thomas asks. I nod, afraid I might start crying harder if I speak. Everyone has left the church, so it’s just Thomas and I just sitting here.

“I want this one day,” Thomas blurts after a long, awkward silence. I turn and look at him, raising an eyebrow.

“What?” I ask.

“I want this. You know… What Ki and Hayoung have. They look so happy. So… In love…” Thomas explains. I feel myself smile, then I lay my head on his shoulder.

“I want it too,” I whisper.

“Hey! Guys we’re gonna get a group picture… Oh… Sorry…” I heare Ki shout as he runs in, looking for us. We both turn our heads and Ki’s embarrassed and awkward smile turns into an excited and loving smile. “No way. Are you two…” Ki asks, gesturing back and forth between Thomas and I. I glance over at Thomas and he glances over at me.

“Yup,” Thomas blurts. I smile and I see Ki give me a double thumbs up and a wink mixed with a devilish smirk. I giggle a bit, then lay my head back down on Thomas’ shoulder.

One Year Later

“One year ago, in this same church, I told you that I wanted what Ki and Hayoung have, not knowing I’d end up having it with you. But I wouldn’t have it any other way,” Thomas tells me as he holds my hands in his. “I love you (Y/N),” he whispers.

“I do,” I say, not looking away from my husband to be.

“Then I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,” the priest tells us. Thomas smiles.

“I’ve been waiting to hear those words all day,” Thomas whispers before connecting our lips. I hear cheering and clapping.

That’s when I feel it. The feeling I’ve been waiting for my entire life. The feeling I’ve wanted since I saw Ki and Hayoung get married. I feel like Thomas and I are the only people on Earth. I hope this feeling will last forever.