Valentines Day Meet Up

I went to my favorite cafe down the street from my apartment, like every other Saturday morning. When I walk in I see that the cafe is full of annoying, lovey dovey couples.

Why is everyone acting so…

Oh no… It’s Valentines Day!

I internally groan. I literally hate Valentines Day. It’s a day full of love and happiness… If you are in love and happy. So for me it’s just watching a bunch of romance movies, reading romantic fanfiction, and eating junk food.

I get myself a hot chocolate and then head back to my apartment.

I change out of my jeans and put on my grey leggings. Then I grab my tie blanket and sit on my couch. I reach over to grab the remote off the coffee table and turn on the TV. I scroll through the channels.

What a Girl Wants

No Strings Attached

I can’t decide which to watch. I keep scrolling and then I see one of my favorite romance movies of all time.

The Notebook

I click on it and start watching. The movie only has about half an hour left, so it’s around the part where Noah and Allie end up together.  

When Noah walks into Allies room and fall asleep together in the hospital bed, I feel tears falling from my eyes. Then I hear my stomach rumble.

I’m hungry. I get up and see what I have left in my kitchen... Nothing. Argh!

I decide to order take out. I call the pizza place a couple blocks away.

I switch the channel, after The Notebook ended, to What a Girl Wants.

About 40 minutes later I hear someone buzz from the lobby. Pretty sure that’s my pizza. After getting up, off my couch, I take the elevators to the lobby. I walk out of the elevator and see the delivery guy. Except I notice he’s holding two pizzas instead of one. Weird. I walk out of the elevator, towards the delivery guy. I pull my money out of my pocket as I continue forward. The guy hands me one of the two pizzas. I exchange it for my money. Then I walk back towards the elevator. I wait for it to come back down, since it had gone up to another floor.

As it opens, I turn to thank the guy again and I watch as another guy walks out of the elevator. I notice that he’s very attractive. His blond hair kind of sways in the slight breeze from walking. I notice that his smile is very wide and his brown eyes look so kind and loving. It takes me a second to snap out of my trance. Then I walk into the elevator. I turn to push the button when I hear a voice.

“Can you hold it for me?” I hear a British accent say. I look around, confused of where it came from. Then I see the blond guy run into the elevator just before it closes. I just stand there awkwardly for a while.

“Umm… What floor?” I ask.

“Four,” the  blond tells me. I turn, surprised.

“Really?” I say. He nods. “That’s my floor,” I say. He just smiles. The rest of the ride is silent. When the elevator stops, the guy gestures for me to go first. I nod and do as he wants. I turn right and so does he. I look behind me and see him following me.

“Where do you live?” I ask him. He kind of smiles.

“Umm… Right here,” he tells me as he stops in front of his room. I nod and smile. I turn to the door across from his and unlock my door. “Wait! You live across from me!” the guy almost yells. A smile paints itself on his face.

“Yeah, I guess,” I shrug. He’s still smiling.

“I’m Thomas, by the way,” he tells me, sticking his hand out. I shake it, holding the pizza box with one hand.

“(Y/N),” I say. He smiles.

“Well, I’ll see you around,” Thomas says. I nod and walk into my apartment. I like him. I set the pizza down and then open it up. I take a slice and sit on my couch. Then I hear a knock at my door. I set my pizza back in the box and wipe my hands on my pants. Then I walked back to the door. I opened it and to my surprise I saw Thomas. He looked nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes were fixed on my feet. Then they met mine.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey, umm… I was wondering if you wanted to umm… Go do something tonight. You know if you aren’t doing anything already. Which you probably are, but umm...” Thomas asked, kind of stuttering. A smile crept onto my face. His cheeks turn a light pink and couldn’t help, but smile too.

“I’d love to,” I say. His face lit up like stars in the darkest of nights. Then he linked his arm with mine and we walked down the hall to the elevator.