The Job Part 2

The Job Part 2

I clock in at the restaurant and quickly put on my waitressing apron. As I do so, I glance around to see if Thomas is here yet. I don’t see him, but I know he’ll be here soon. We are supposed to open this morning. After checking the time, I decide to wait another another 5 minutes and if Thomas isn’t here, I’ll open by myself.

“Where is he?” I whisper to myself. Thomas had volunteered yesterday to open the restaurant with me today. I sigh and walk over to the ‘Closed’ sign. Then I flip it so it says ‘Open’ instead of ‘Closed’. After that I casually walk over to the counter and grab a rag from the sink. My head whips up when I hear the chime of the door opening. What I see scares me.

“Hey babe!” my ex boyfriend, Mike, stumbles in. Mike and I broke up about three weeks ago. We had been dating for almost two years when he started to treat me with no respect at all. Then in the last couple months of our relationship he started drinking constantly which led to him hitting me.

“Mike… Please leave,” I say, backing away from him as he dragged his drunk body towards me.

“Why would I leave when I can stay here with you,” Mike chuckled. I shuttered at his cackling. Then he violently reaches out, trying to snatch my arm. I jerk back, shakily, tripping on a cord and falling to the floor.

“Mike, stay away,” I warned, trying to find something to use as a weapon by scanning the floor with my hand. The whole time my eyes were locked with his. Then he gets down on his knees and leans over my quivering body, grabbing my wrists in my hands. Mike’s lips instantly attach to my neck and my collar bone. I try to kick him off, but every time I do his grip on my wrist tightens. I feel his nails digging into my flesh as I kick him in a sensitive spot. I almost let out a laugh, but instead it comes a shriek as the piercing pain strikes my skin.

“Get off!” I almost scream that time, but it comes out kind of muffled as Mike moves his lips onto mine to shut me up. I continue to scream and kick even with the pain getting worse. God, where is Thomas? As if on cue, I hear the chime of the door opening. I use all my energy to fight back at that moment. I bite down on Mike’s lip and he pulls away. I use that as an advantage as I knee him in the crouch.

“Bloody hell!” I hear Thomas’ British accent blurt as he runs over to where Mike and I lay. I try to squirm out from underneath Mike as Thomas grab him by the collar of his shirt. Thomas literally picks him up and holds him in the air. I didn’t realize how strong Thomas is until now. I see his muscles flex as he hold Mike up in the air. Then I watch as Thomas connects his fist to Mike’s face. Thomas punches him a couple more times before throwing him in the direction of the door. Mike sort of catches his balance before face planting into the floor. Then he stumbles out the door, just like how he came him. At that instant I run over to Thomas and he turns around. I leap into his arms.

“I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault this happened to you,” Thomas whispers into my hair. I lift my head up to look into his chocolate eyes. Then I graze my fingers of the patterns of his black and white sweater (aka jumper).

“No, it’s not your fault. You saved me,” I explain to him, but Thomas still holds a frown on his face.

“You wouldn’t have needed saving if I’d been here when I was supposed to,” Thomas sighs and puts his head in his hands. I gently move away his hands and kiss his warm lips.

“Don’t you dare tell me this is your fault,” I say after pulling away from his lips.