Asking Her

Asking HerThomas PovI watch her walking in the rain. Her long strawberry blond hair is dampening by the second. She flips it over her shoulder and I watch as the wet hair sticks to her neck. Her bangs were flying in the wind as she continues to walk through the blasting weather. I slow my car as I approach her. I roll my window down, feeling a trickle of water fall on me. "Hey, (Y/N), you want a ride?" I yell to her. I watch (Y/N)'s head whip in my direction. I think I frightened her. A blank expression comes to her face as she stutters."Umm... Uh... Sure..." she finally spits out. I chuckle under my breath at her response. Then I motion for her to get in. She jogs over to the passenger side of the car. (Y/N) gets in and I stare at her. Her long strawberry blond hair drips down her back and her face. I try to look away, but she's so mesmerizing. Then when (Y/N) turns to me, I look away fast and awkwardly. I start to drive. "Where to?" I ask, casually, not taking my eyes off the road. "Umm... 303 Water Street..." (Y/N) tells me, quietly. I nod then turn at the stop sign. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her trying to dry her hair without getting my car wet. I turn to her and chuckle again. She looks back at me, dumbfounded at first, then she starts to laugh as well. "Here," I say as I take my jacket off at next the stop sign and hand it to her. Again she looks a little dumbfounded, then she accepts it. I watch as she lays it across her now shivering body. I turn once more and then I could see the Water Street sign in the distance. Shoot. I gotta ask her. "So, umm... Are you going to prom?" I ask her. She looks at me with her head cocked to the side, a confused look plastered on her face. Then (Y/N) just shrugs. "I don't know. Nobody has asked me, but I might just go by myself." she explains. I nod along, looking back at the road. "Well, would you say yes if someone asked you?" I ask her, still not making eye contact. I glance at her and see a small smile beginning to form on her face. "I guess it depends on who it is..." (Y/N) tells me. I hear the confidence in her voice rising as she speaks. "Like if you asked me, I'd say yes," (Y/N) finishes. That sentence almost makes me run the stop sign in front of us. I quickly stomp on the break then turn to (Y/N). "Well, then I guess there's only one thing to say then..." I paused, taking a deep breath then I continue. "Would you like to go to prom with me (Y/N)?" I ask her and this time I'm staring into her perfectly turquoise eyes. I didn't notice this before, but she has specks of green in her eyes. It makes her eyes look mysterious and curious. Then I felt a hand grip mine. I blinked a couple times before looking down at her hand intertwined with my own. A smile played on my lips. "Of course I would," she whispered before leaning over and touching her lips against my cheek. I freeze. My entire body stops working. My face turns hot and red. (Y/N) giggles before she opens the car door and steps out. Then I watch her walk up to her front step. She turns and waves once more before walking into her red and white house. I let out a sigh of relief. "Yes!" I shout and I pump my fists in the air. I glance one more time at her house and see her laughing in the window. Crap! She saw me. I slump down in my chair, embarrassed. Then I wave before driving away. A smile plastered on my face.