In The Crowd

In The Crowd

I stand in the crowd of fangirls at the ‘Maze Runner’ screening in Chicago. I feel girls pushing past me to get a better look or to get to meet the cast. I roll my eyes at some of the really annoying, mean girls. I wanted to get to see the cast too, but no. Instead I get pushed to the ground by a huge woman, right when the cast starts to walk by. I land on my butt and it hurts bad. I look down at my knees, pulling them to my chest. Then I hear a loud shrieking noise. All the girls around near me start to crowd around me. I look up to see none other than Thomas Brodie Sangster staring down at me, his hand out, for me to take. I watch as guards try to restrain girls who are trying their hardest to get to him.

“Are you alright, love?” Thomas asks. I nod and take his hand. I then wait for him to let go and walk away, but he doesn’t. Thomas holds my hand, then he leads me over to the cast. I almost stop breathing as we cross the restraining gates that block the fangirls from attacking. Then I feel Thomas lean over, towards my ear.

“Would you like to come with me, to watch the screening?” Thomas whispers in my ear. I shiver at the touch of his warm breath on my cheek. I nod vigorously. I realize I haven’t said a word since I met Thomas.

“Thank you,” I say, quietly. Thomas looks at me shocked.

“What? You can talk?” Thomas says sarcastically. I laugh at him. “Wait, why thank you?” he asks me.

“For everything you’ve done. You could have just walk right past me, but no, you stopped and now you’re taking me to the screening!” I say, getting really excited at the end. Thomas chuckles. “What? Why are you laughing?” I ask him.

“You’re cute,” he says. I blush madly. Oh my God! Thomas Brodie Sangster just called me cute!

“Yeah, whatever. You are way cuter,” I say without thinking. I hurriedly slap my hand over my mouth. Crap! Now he probably thinks I’m weird. He’s probably gonna want me to leave now, but no, I was wrong again. Thomas just laughs. I love his laugh, it’s adorable. Thomas and I walk into a huge building, for the screening. Thomas leads me to a big room, where the cast waits for the screening to start. I see everyone. Dylan O’Brien, Ki Hong Lee, Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, Blake Cooper, everyone. I gasp. Thomas look over at me. My shocked face. My wide eyes. My dropped jaw.

“You okay, love?” Thomas asks. I nod, excitedly. Then Thomas pulls me over to Will, Kaya, Dylan, and Ki, who are all laughing about something.

“Hey, Tommy, who’s the girl?” Ki asked. I smiled.

“Umm… I don’t know,” Thomas said, looking over at me. I forgot to tell him my name.

“(Y/N),” I tell everyone. There was a chorus of ‘hi’s and I replied with my own ‘hi.’

“Wait, is that the girl who was pushed in the crowd?” Kaya asked. I just nod, dropping my head in shame. “Huh, well let’s see if we can fix you up a bit,” Kaya says. I realize then that everyone is dressed somewhat fancy and I’m in a shirt that says ‘Maze Runner’ and a pair of jeans. Kaya grabs my hand before I can respond. She brings me to a small room, that kind of looks like a dressing room. Kaya scavenges for something.

“I always bring an extra outfit, just in case,” Kaya tells me, pulling out a short, royal blue dress. It flows just right and has a sweetheart neckline. Then it has spaghetti straps that cross in the back. I squeal a little as I lay my eyes on it. Kaya laughs at me then hands it to me. She leaves as I slip into it. Then I open the door back up when I’m finished. Kaya waits for me outside the small room. I begin to walk out, when she stops me.

“We’re not done yet,” Kaya tells me, turning me around. I follow her back into the little room. She gestures for me to sit in front of the mirror, so I do.

Kaya dolls me up, with mascara, blush, and lip gloss. Then she pulled my hair out of my ponytail.

“Hey!” I say.

“You are not wearing a ponytail. Your hair is way too pretty,” Kaya tells me. I don’t feel like fighting, especially for all Kaya did for me, so I just go with it. She fluffs it then looks at me.

“You are ready!” Kaya tells me. We walk back over to the cast. As Kaya and I walk into the room, all eyes turn to me. I scan the room, looking for Thomas.

“Why are they all staring at us?” I ask Kaya.

“Not us, you,” Kaya corrects me. I find Thomas with my eyes, then walk over to him. His mouth hangs open. I wave my hand in front of his face.

“Thomas?” I say. He shakes his head, pulling himself out of his trance.

“Wow, you look beautiful, love,” Thomas says. I smile and blush.