Newt: What's Happening Part 2

Clint’s eyes widen immensely at my response. Then he turns to Newt and glares at him for a second. Newt looks back with guilt then he drops his head. I break the awkward silence when I scream out in pain once again. All eyes land on me.

“Clint, the baby is coming. Like now!” Jeff says, scurrying over to me. Clint isn’t far behind.

“Okay,” Clint says, clapping his hands together. “(Y/N) are you ready to do this?” he asks. I just kind of shrug.

“Well, the baby is ready, so it’s up to you now,” Jeff explains. I nod and glance over at Newt. He has worry in his eyes and I squeeze his hand one more time.

“Alright, lets do this,” I say, with a weak smile as I sit up in my bed. Newt doesn’t take his eyes off me.

“(Y/N), you are gonna have to push. Ready. Now!” Clint tells me. Clint keeps coaching me through it even though I know he has no idea what he’s doing. I squeeze Newt’s hand even harder as I yell. The pain is horrible and I feel like throwing up.

“Love, you can do this. I believe in you,” Newt whispers into my ear. I smile at him before I let out another shriek. I replay Newt’s words in my head over and over until I feel a relief. At that same moment I hear the sound of a baby’s cry. My body instantly relaxes back onto the bed and I let out a sigh of relief. I feel Newt stand up and hear him walk over to Jeff, who is holding our baby. I lift my head to see Newt taking our child from Jeff. Newt brings the baby over to my bedside and hands our child to me. I stare at our little baby girl. A smile finds its way onto my face and I feel tears building up in my eyes. An hour ago I didn’t even know I was pregnant and now I have a baby. I chuckle quietly at the thought of it. I place a small kiss on our daughter's forehead. I see Newt, out of the corner of my eye, kneel down next to my bed. I feel his hand caress my cheek. Then he slowly kisses my forehead. I see Clint and Jeff sneak out of my room, so that Newt and I can have some privacy.

“I love you so much,” Newt whispers in my ear. I feel the tears, that have built a wall over my eyes, start to fall.

“I love you too, Newt,” I tell him. Then I lean down and kiss his lips lightly. At that moment the door swings open, slamming into the wall. Both our heads whip in the direction of the door. My jaw drops when I see Alby standing there with an angry expression plastered on his face. He glares at Newt then strides in. Alby grabs Newt by the collar of his shirt and yanks him to his feet.

“What the shuck were you thinking, Newt?” Alby yells. I feel a lump grow in my throat as Alby pushes Newt against the wall, yelling uncontrollably.

“Newt, you’re supposed to be second in command. You are a leader and now you go and do this,” Alby yells, gesturing towards me and our baby girl. When Alby says this I see Newt’s face turn from scared to angry.

“Don’t talk to them like that! (Y/N) is the best thing that ever happened to me and I know we messed up, but you know what I don’t care!” Newt yells back, defending our child and me. I feel the lump in my throat vanish as Newt pushes past Alby and sits on the edge of my bed.

“I don’t care what anyone thinks. I love (Y/N) and I’m happy that we’ve brought life to this world. Maybe she’ll lighten things up around here!” Newt says, sternly. Then he turns to me and kisses my forehead. I hear Alby sigh with frustration. Then I move my head so I can see him. Newt moves back, so I can talk to Alby.

“Alby…” I begin as I take his hand in mine whilst I hold the baby. “I’m sorry we didn’t tell you about us, but I really do love him. Don’t you just want us to be happy,” I say, squeezing his hand. Alby looks down at our daughter. Then he reaches out and grazes her forehead with his fingers. Out of nowhere a smile forms on Alby’s stern face. Alby starts to move his hand away from the baby’s face, but I catch it and hold it. We lock eyes for a little bit.

“I’m sorry I was so mad about this. She’s actually very cute,” Alby says, almost chuckling.

“She looks just like her mother,” Newt blurts. I turn to him and smile. Then I turn back to Alby and squeeze his hand one more time before letting go.

“Thank you,” I say barely audible for him to hear. Then Alby brings my hand to his lips and gently kisses my knuckles. Alby lets go of my hand then leaves Newt and I alone with our baby. Newt crawls onto the bed with me and our daughter. He wraps his arms around me as I hold the baby.

“So, what should we name her?” Newt asks me, kissing the top of my head then resting his chin on my head. I think for a moment. Then it comes to me.

“Aspen,” I suggest. Newt’s face lights up and his lips curl up into a smile.

“Aspen,” Newt says, his voice sounding happy and loving. Newt lifts his head off mine and looks down at me. Then he nods and kisses Aspen’s forehead. That’s when my eyes begin to feel heavy. I lay my head down on the pillow.

“I love you, Aspen,” Newt whispers as I slowly feel my exhaustion taking over my body. Then I feel Newt’s lips touch my forehead.

“I love you too, (Y/N),” Newt whispers as he lays his head down on the pillow too. Then I fell asleep with Newt’s arms wrapped around me.