My Mysterious Hero

My Mysterious Hero

I leave my favorite bookstore in London, carrying a bag with a couple new books. I realize that the street is empty. It’s not a very busy part of town. As my face hits the cold, London air, I feel like I’m being watched. I keep turning and looking back to see if there’s anyone behind me, but there never is. I just can’t shake this weird feeling.

I’m almost to my flat, when I feel a hand grab my wrist. I jump a bit at the sudden, unexpected contact. I turn to see who is holding my wrist. The grip tightens as my head turns ever so slightly. Then I feel a metal blade find it’s way to my neck. I instantly stop moving. I drop my bag and the sound echoes down the empty street. I feel a small gasp escape my mouth, then my attacker pulls the knife closer to my skin. The blade keeps getting closer to my skin, until I feel pain and a warm liquid trickle down my neck and down the front of my shirt.

“Give me your purse and you won’t get hurt,” a raspy voice tells me. I let my purse fall off my shoulder and hit the ground. It echoes down the street, just like the bag of books did. I hear someone riffle through my purse, but the blade is still pressed tight to my neck. How is this guy doing both at once. I think about it for a while then realize there must be more than one person. Which lowers my odds of escaping.

“Please, let me go,” I blurt. I regret it right away when the blade slides up my neck and up to my chin, making me gasp. I feel more pain and more blood trickle down my neck. Now I can also feel tears streaming down my cheeks. The tears and blood mix and it stings my cuts. The pain makes me cringe. I try not to move too much, so I just scrunch up my face and grit my teeth, trying to make the pain disappear. The man holding the blade to my throat, pushes me into an ally. The knife digs deeper into my skin as he walks me over to a wall. He spins me around, so I am facing my captures. The blade is still at my throat. The two men, holding me against the cold, brick wall stand in the shadows. I try to see their faces, but I can’t make out any features. All I can see is their devilish grins dancing on their faces. I squeeze my eyes shut, not ready for what will happen next. I decided not knowing and not seeing is better than watching and knowing. I feel the cold metal leave me neck as a pair of lips replace it. The capture is nibbling at my neck. I open my eyes to see him with his hands all over me. They keep getting lower and lower towards my butt. A shiver runs down my spine and close my eyes again. I let out a scared gasp.

“Shut up!” the man, kissing my neck said in between kisses. He said it a little too loudly.

“Hey!” another man said, a different man, not either of your captures. I feel the rough lips leave my skin. I open my eyes as I see both men who had robbed me, look at this mysterious hero. The man jogs over to where the two men stand. I feel my legs shake as he approaches.

“What are you doing?” the mysterious guy yelled a she got closer. I could barely see his features, in the dim light. The two men glance at each other and then start running in the other direction. I slide down the brick wall, not caring how bad it scratched and hurt. The man who had just saved me watched the two horrific men run, then walked over to me. He knelt down in front of me. I looked up, into his eyes. I saw the concern this stranger had for me. I give him a forced smile.

“Thank you,” I say. My voice cracked, then I felt the tears start to come. First they fill my eyes them they stream down my cheeks. The stranger didn’t say a word, he just wiped away the tears from my eyes. He keeps my gaze, I’m too afraid to look away.

“What’s your name, love?” he asks, quiet and gentle. His soft hand runs down my jawline.

“(Y/N),” I say, just audible for him to hear.

“I’m Thomas,” he informs me. Then he lifts my chin, to inspect my wounds. A worried look crosses his face.

“Well, (Y/N), I think I should take you to the hospital to get these looks at,” Thomas tells me. “Can you walk?” he aks. I try to stand, but I stumble a bit. My legs are shaking so bad. Thomas catches me. I feel so much pain in my throat. I feel horrible.

“It’s okay. I’ll carry you,” he informs me. He then picks me up, bridal style. Thomas carries me to the nearest hospital, which is only about a minute away. But I black out before we even get there.

My eyes flutter open and to my surprise, I’m in a hospital room. I see that I’m wearing a hospital gown, instead of the close I was wearing last night. I try to sit up, but then I feel a sharp pain in my neck. I feel around, where the pain is. There are bandages covering the wounds I have from last night. Finally I look around the room and see something that caught my eye. I saw Thomas. He was asleep in one of the chairs next to my bed. He stayed. He saved me and now he stayed. Then I let out a sigh of relief. Thomas’ eyes open and he looks at me. A smile playing across his face. I return the smile.