Coffee Spill

Coffee Spill

I’m walking down the streets of London, to my favorite cafe for brunch. Happiness fills my body as the sun warm rays shine on me from above. As I begin to enter the small cafe, someone runs into me, spilling a very hot beverage all over me. I shriek a bit as the drink scorches my skin.

“Bloody hell,” a british accent mutters under his breath. I look up from my brown stained shirt to see a tall, dirty blonde guy, with perfect brown eyes. I stare at him for a while as he mutters ‘sorry’ over and over. He is very attractive.

“It’s okay, really,” I tell him admiring his handsomeness. He smiles slightly.

“Here,” he says, shrugging off his black leather jacket. “At least put this on,” the handsome stranger puts my jacket on my shoulders. I blush a bit at his romantic gesture. Then he grabs my hand and pulls me into the cafe.

“Let me get you something. What would like?” he asked.

“No, really, it’s fine. You don’t need to buy me anything,” I tell him. A wave of sadness comes across his face. Then his gorgeous brown eyes drop to the ground. I can tell he’s trying to be over dramatic. He hangs his head, low and in shame. I feel myself give in.

“Alright,” I say. His head springs back up, his smile going from ear to ear. I giggle a bit at his cuteness.

“What would the lady like?” he asks me. I roll my eyes at him. “By the way, my name’s Thomas,” he tells me.

“Small hot chocolate please. And my name’s (Y/N),” I say as we walk up to the counter. He walks up and leans on the counter.

“Umm… 2 large hot chocolates,” Thomas tells the worker. The worker, a young blonde woman, twirls her hair as she flirts with Thomas for a while, taking his order. I just stand next to Thomas, awkwardly. Then our drinks are finally done and we sit down.

“You know I said a small, right?” I tell Thomas as he sips his hot drink.

“Yeah, I know,” he says, smirking childishly. I roll my eyes at him. We drink our hot chocolates and chat about random stuff. Then I start to feel like someone is watching me. No not me, Thomas. I glance over my shoulder to see the woman at the counter gawking at Thomas. I turn back to Thomas.

“Do you gets this all the time?” I ask. Thomas looks at me confused. He must not see her, so I nudge my shoulder in her direction. A smirk comes across his face. Then a sort of embarrassed blush.

“You mean girls?” Thomas asks. Blushing harder now. I nod slowly.

“Yeah,” I say kind of quietly.

“Well, yeah, I guess,” Thomas shrugs. I roll my eyes at his nonchalance.

“What?” he asks, seeing me roll my eyes.

“You are acting like you don’t like it,” I say, then sipping my hot chocolate, that’s now only lukewarm.

“I don’t, most of the time,” Thomas tells me, getting quieter on the last part. “So, is the charm working on you too?” he asked me, with his flirty smirk. I just scoff at my loudly and dramatically.

“What charm? You spilt coffee all over me,” I laugh at him as he blushes again. Thomas awkwardly rubs the back of his neck. I just keep laughing at his awkwardness.

“I said sorry,” Thomas says quietly. I lean over and lay my hand on top of his.

“I know. I’m sorry for bringing it up,” I say, now feeling a bit guilty. He grabs my hand and holds it. Then he rises, still holding my hand.

“Come on! Let’s get out of here,” Thomas suggests. Pulling me up, out of my chair.

“Where to next,” I ask. He kisses my hand, like a true gentleman and drags me out the door.

“That’s a surprise,” he whispers in my ear as we walk hand in hand down the streets of London.