Newt: Meeting His Parents Part 3

Newt Pov

(Y/N) comes jogging into my mom’s house, behind me. She runs to my side and grabs my hand with her own. (Y/N) gives my hand a quick squeeze before she lets go. I glance over at (Y/N), I read her face like a book. I can tell she’s happy. The smile on her faces tells me she’s happy. We walk side by side into my mom’s living room. I feel my arm brush past her’s. A tingley spark runs up my arm and rests on my shoulders.

“You kids are probably hungry. What would you like?” Mom asks us. I watch as (Y/N)’s shoulder shrug up then fall back down. She has a certain elegance when she does so, that I’ve never noticed before.

“Umm… Yeah, Mom, whatever you got,” I yell as she pops her head back into the kitchen. I hear my mom shuffling around in the kitchen. So, I sit down on the couch. Then I pat the spot next to me, for (Y/N) to come and sit. She comes over and sits next to me. Not right next to me, but near me. I watch as she just stares at her hands that lay still in her lap. Her face kind of drops. She doesn’t look as happy as she was before.

“Hey, you okay?” I ask (Y/N). Her head whips up and she stares at me for a while. Then she just nods, looking down at  her lap once more. “No, you’re not,” I say, reading her again.

“Okay, so I’m not okay. So what?” (Y/N) says. I can hear a trace of anger, but mostly sadness in her voice.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, tilting my head with curiosity. Then I scoot closer and lay my arm over her shoulders.

“This. The past. The memories. My family. Your family…” she says, not making eye contact with me. “Everything just… Sucks…” (Y/N) breaths out.

“What about me?” I ask, smirking like an idiot. “What about the guys?” I say, rubbing circles on her back.

“Okay,” (Y/N) begins, rolling her eyes. “That’s the one thing in my life doesn’t suck, but other than you guys, everything is a big pile of klunk,” she finishes, placing her face in her hands. I pull her closer to me, now she’s practically sitting on my lap.

“Hey, it’ll be okay,” is all I can get myself to say. No other words come to my mind. She turns her head and glared at me.

“How do you know that?! You have someone waiting for you. I have no family. No one,” she says, loud enough to sound frustrated, but quiet enough so that my mom wouldn’t hear.

“I can be your family,” I tell her. Then I lift my hand to touch her cheek. I hold her face with my hand and rub circles on her cheek like I did to her back. She closes her eyes, focusing all her scenes on my touch. “I’d love to be your family,” I whisper in her ear. I feel her cheek get warm and I realize she’s blushing.

“Newt, you know what I mean,” she says, embarrassed by what I said.

“And you know what I mean when I say I want to be your family,” I say, smirking a bit. Then I lean into her lips, but right before our lips touch I stop. I stop and hover over her lips with my own. I feel her heavy breath on my face. Then I press my lips against hers. I slide my hand from her cheek to her neck and pull her closer to me. Her hands fly into my hair and tangle themselves in my mop. Then I hear footsteps, getting louder and louder. I hear a gasp and a loud crash.

“Oh my goodness!” I hear my mom say. I pull away from (Y/N). “I’m so sorry! I didn’t realize you two were… Together!” she exclaims. She quickly cleans up the tray of food she had dropped and then scurries back into the kitchen. I turn to (Y/N) and her jaw is dropped. Then I burst out laughing. She punches my arm.

“Stop laughing! Your mom probably just had a heart attack!” she yells, throwing her hands in the sky. I just pull her back into my arms and kiss her again. After a while (Y/N) pushes me away. “You really should go talk to your mom… About… This,” she said, gesturing between her. I shrug and lean in again. Only to be rejected by (Y/N). “Nope. Not until you go talk to your mom,” she tells me and puts her hands on her hips. I groan and stand up, walking into the kitchen. I see my mom hunched over the sink. Is she crying?

“Mom?” I say, walking in. I lay my hand on her shoulder as her head whips up and she stares at me. Mom looks a little frightened and a little sad.

“Levi! Honey!” she says, flustered. I watch as she hurriedly wipes away a stray tear.

“Mom? What’s wrong? Are you crying because of (Y/N) and I?” I ask her, laying my head on her shoulder.

“Of course not. It’s-it’s just that now you are all grown up and in love… I just realized how much of your life I missed…” she sobs, laying her head on top of my own.  

“Mom… I know what it feels like, but we’re together now. And plus (Y/N)’s pretty amazing!” I tell Mom. She chuckles.

“Do you really love her, Levi?” Mom asks me, wiping away her tears.

“Yeah, I really do,” I say, grinning like a kid. Mom pulls me into a hug. Then I hear (Y/N) clear her throat from the doorway to her kitchen. I turn around and see her standing there, with a huge smile on her face.

“You love me,” she says more than asks. I just nod slowly. Warmth filled my cheeks as I blushed. Then (Y/N) runs over to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I snake my arms around her waist.

“I love you too,” (Y/N) whispers in my ear. Then she giggles, leaving a kiss or two on my ear.

“You know,” Mom begins.. (Y/N) pulls away and we both turn to look at my mom. “Deedee’s mom and I used to talk about you two falling in love. I always thought you were meant for each other,” Mom chuckled. I looked at (Y/N) and smiled. She smiled back.

“Me too,” I say, grinning.